The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Jingles for Bennigan--crosses the rainbow bridge tomorrow morning

Why is it so unimaginably hard to let these horses go? Bennigan is 35+, and has been having progressively more trouble getting up and he hasn't laid down to sleep for ages. He's exhausted, you can see it in his eyes. It's so sad though, because it's as if his spirit and his body aren't in synch anymore.
    He's going to cross the rainbow bridge tomorrow to meet all my other beloved pets I've lost over the years. I'm so sad He will be missed.

I'm so sorry.I can't say more or I'll start crying.........my boy is 37,I dread the day.You're a good ,good Mom to let him cross.

What a wonderful friend you are to Bennigan. He knows he is loved. I hope you find peace in that. God speed, Bennigan.

Hugs to you for doing the rite thing for your boy.

Godspped Bennigan. Run free and lay down to roll!
    “Management is doing things right; leadership is doing the right things.” Peter Drucker

I am going to jingle for you because Bennigan doesn't need them, he already got his wish. You heard his plea loud and clear. Godspeed.

Many hugs and jingles to you and Bennigan. I understand - I parted with my 33 year old last March because Cushings was getting severe and I knew it was time to let go. You do these things because you love them and you don't want them to suffer any longer but it hurts us so much to say goodbye.
    Susan N.

Don't get confused between my personality & my attitude. My personality is who I am, my attitude depends on who you are.

Thank you all for your kind words...it's these last few hours in which I find myself watching him and second guessing my decision...one good step, one roll...makes you think maybe you could put off the inevitable

Orchid, this is so difficult, but you will feel a huge sense of relief after it is over....It is so hard right now. His pain will soon be gone and it will be yours. You will be filled with heartache, pain, and sorrow. You will also be filled with a huge, overwhelming sense of peace. It will get better. I have done this myself, a couple of times in the past year. It is very difficult. My heart and hugs go out to you right now.

God Speed Bennigan. May you find peace. My heart goes out to you.

I so agree Orchid....watching your long-time friend is heartbreaking, but you're doing the absolutly right thing by him. Many hugs to you as you face tomorrow. And go gently Bennigan.

I'm sorry. My 31 year old died in the night on Friday. He went from being bright and fine on Friday morning, to being a bit droopy on Friday evening, warranting a vet call and an appointment for Saturday, to being quietly gone by early Saturday morning. Obliging to the last, dear old man.

Hugs and may his passing be a gentle one. Sounds like you are doing right by him right
    to the end. Godspeed one grand old man!
    Julie
    www.centaurfencing.com
    Safer, Stronger, Lasts Longer!
    Godspeed BARBARO--Run fast and free!

Godspeed Bennigan. Hugs to you, Orchid.

Quote Originally Posted by Laurierace View Post
    I am going to jingle for you because Bennigan doesn't need them, he already got his wish. You heard his plea loud and clear. Godspeed.
    Well said Laurie. Hugs to you Orchid.

http://community.webshots.com/user/ballyduff
    \"If you are going through hell, keep going.\" ~Churchill~

Hugs to you and Bennigan. It's the greatest gift er can give our old( and not so old) friends. Don't second guess yourself- it's time and he's telling you he's ready. It wa ther sam ewith my old girl, hard to get up. We had to help her up several times and then we knew she was ready to cross the Bridge. You're doing the right thing at the right time. It is hard to let go.

Argh. I had to let go of my dog-of-a-lifetime recently, I can feel so well that tentativeness as you start watching closely in the last few days. My little man was simply exhausted, too, though he tried so very hard to hold it on the road for me. But when the vet gave him the little dose of ace to prepare him for the final injection, it so totally wiped him out, and that was my small consolation, that told me that it was, indeed time, in spite of all of his efforts to stay for me. He was just ... exhausted, and needed to go to rest.

Godspeed Bennigan, and major hugs to you.
    "One person's cowboy is another person's blooming idiot" -- katarine

Spay and neuter. Please.

Default So many of us can relate

I had to let my home bred mare of 21 years go this winter due to laminitis that we just could not manage. I feel for your hard decision. I've experienced euthanizing many horses and pets over the years and it's always excruitiating. Many years ago I waited too long on that decision with a beloved horse and after that experience the decision has always been a bit easier.

Rest peacefully Bennigan. You had a great, long life and you were loved. What more could any horse ask for?

Bless you for loving him enough to do the right thing. He will live forever in your memories.

Godspeed Bennigan
    ** I LOVE PUIKA & SHELLA FAN CLUB*** member
    Quote Originally Posted by 2DogsFarm View Post
    Good job R&G!
    You may now add Horsesaver Extraordinaire to your resume

It is so very hard to lose an old friend. Or even one you haven't had very long.

Hugs to you, Godspeed to Bennigan.
    Save lives! Adopt a pet from your local shelter.

Quote Originally Posted by mustangtrailrider View Post
    Orchid, this is so difficult, but you will feel a huge sense of relief after it is over....It is so hard right now. His pain will soon be gone and it will be yours. You will be filled with heartache, pain, and sorrow. You will also be filled with a huge, overwhelming sense of peace. It will get better.

I so agree. Bless you for doing the right thing for Bennigan.
    In memory of Rebuff (1974-2009)

Rest in peace, my sweet man

Godspeed Bennigan, and hugs to you.