The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default So what do you think of these jacket colors?

http://cgi.ebay.com/New-Eurofit-dres...lenotsupported

Chocolate with baby blue. I really like the combination, and think it would look beautiful on a dark haired/eyed person with a palomino! Unfortunately, not my daughter's size

http://cgi.ebay.com/Beautiful-German...lenotsupported

Medium Gray, a la Edward Gal, but without the arm stripes. What are the USEF rules again? Dark color or just conservative? I really like this color too.

Let your kid choose
    --o0o--

LOL, I was asking in general. Kid isn't ready for a show jacket yet, I was just joking about that

Burgundy and light blue? On a grey horse? Ghastly.

Yep, would be hideous. I was thinking someone else might like it who doesn't have a gray horse. Plus, it's brown, not burgundy

I really, really like the brown one! It'd look beautiful on the right shade of chestnut
    I know now, the place that I was trying to reach, was you, right here in front of me

Personally if you are sans kids, I like the gray.. hate the brown

I really like them both, so I think it would come down to the color of horse. For example, the grey coat would look stunning with my black mare, but not so good with my light chestnut. The chocolate brown coat would really look sharp with my chestnut filly, but not so much my black mare.

Quote Originally Posted by tarragon View Post
    I really like them both, so I think it would come down to the color of horse. For example, the grey coat would look stunning with my black mare, but not so good with my light chestnut. The chocolate brown coat would really look sharp with my chestnut filly, but not so much my black mare.
    It sounds to me like you need both

Default what else have you found?

It looks like the variety in coat colors is going to be a whole new field of expression. This could be more fun and a boost to the dressage economy

Now, if there is something to improve the breeches situation... The marketing mavens need to look at our demographics. There has got to be a technical fabric from another sport that can be cut to flatter. Most of us look better in disappearing colors to neutralize our rubenesque qualities

I just bought the grey one. I agree, will look great on my black (and white) horse.

Thanks Ambrey!

ETA: Sorry, that messed up the link--no more photo. I'm not showing until fall, but when I do, I'll post a picture. It'll need some minor tailoring, as I think I'm a 10, not a 12, but I've been looking for something a little different.
    Last edited by Pony Fixer; Jun. 28, 2009 at 10:29 PM.
    From now on, ponyfixer, i'll include foot note references.

I worry more about the riding, and less about the attire.

Whatever!

BN

Hey, this takes the place of date night dinner and dancing! Might as well have fun with the dress shopping even if the little black number always works

Quote Originally Posted by Pony Fixer View Post
    I just bought the grey one. I agree, will look great on my black (and white) horse.

Thanks Ambrey!

ETA: Sorry, that messed up the link--no more photo. I'm not showing until fall, but when I do, I'll post a picture. It'll need some minor tailoring, as I think I'm a 10, not a 12, but I've been looking for something a little different.
    Oy, I had that on my watch list! You're evil!

That's OK, I know black would really be the best for us (I just have a fixation on not doing what is expected of me!).

Please post photos! It was such a lovely jacket! And I agree, perfect for a black horse!

Quote Originally Posted by BenNevis View Post
    I worry more about the riding, and less about the attire.
    Silly, there is enough worry in my brain for horse, rider, AND attire

Quote Originally Posted by Ambrey View Post
    Silly, there is enough worry in my brain for horse, rider, AND attire
    True dat!

just wanted to say, Ambrey, I liked your grey jacket on Smokey - watched your videos from the show. Good for you! A very nice first show.

I'd just like to do away with jackets altogether. The older I get, the less well I dissipate heat.

Quote Originally Posted by Beasmom View Post
    just wanted to say, Ambrey, I liked your grey jacket on Smokey - watched your videos from the show. Good for you! A very nice first show.

I'd just like to do away with jackets altogether. The older I get, the less well I dissipate heat.
    Wow, thank you Beasmom.

I agree, but only if we can also do away with white shirts and pants. Big white blob is really not a flattering look on a lot of people

But for me, it was very fun dressing up, and my ride time was 9 am. Jackets weren't required, not sure I would have been able to make it with mine if I'd been riding at noon.

eta: I don't like the fit of the hunt jacket so much and am kind of vaguely looking for a jacket in a dressage cut. I'd love something in charcoal, I am not sure I'd like light gray as well on us. Brown and baby blue is definitely not something I'm considering, nor is that eggplant now that I noticed how bright it is I'm not decided yet.

Yeah. I think the single vent looks better on just about everyone. I did H/J back in the dark ages in a single vent dressage coat. No one seemed to notice back then.

Dark grey would be a nice choice on Smokey. Conservative enough, but out of the box, so to speak.

Black, of course, while stiflingly hot, is always appropriate. Dittos on anything white around horses.

Quote Originally Posted by Beasmom View Post
    Yeah. I think the single vent looks better on just about everyone. I did H/J back in the dark ages in a single vent dressage coat. No one seemed to notice back then.
    I also like the horizontal seam. I think it takes away some of the chunky appearance. The gray jacket was a TOTD special (EOUS hunt coat)- and it will be useful to have around for $39 even if it doesn't follow me to recognized showing.

Here's a picture for anyone else curious.

http://i185.photobucket.com/albums/x...e/1c2e595a.jpg

I do like this one:

http://www.dressageextensions.com/Pr...l.asp?KEY=6103