The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Default HOME FOUND: Well broke rescue mare - Georgia

08 July 2009: I am thrilled to announce that this mare is going to an excellent and loving home less than fifteen minutes from our house. She is on a long-term lease program; however so if, for some unknown reason, things don't work out, I will let COTH know.

07 July 2009: Update: This mare is being assessed by a hippotherapy instructor for a child with asperger's. I will post her definite status tomorrow after the instructor has come to assess her.

We went and picked up this horse from someone claiming to be a "rescue." Needless to say, the horses were in horrible condition.

Twenty years old. Well broke. Appx. 14.2 hands tall. Leads, loads, ties, clips, bathes. Used to four-wheelers, cats, dogs, goats, tractors, and leaf blowers. Sound, Sane, and healthy. Current coggins and deworming. She has been ridden by children in the past. We have not ridden her since we had her since she is underweight, and we are too large for her. She is still slightly underweight, but not like when we got her. She is fed twice a day, no special grain or feed or preparations.

Would prefer her to stay around the NW Atlanta area, but if a suitable home is found outside of the area, that is okay, too. Can go to a boarding barn or a private barn, but owners must have prior horse knowledge and preferably one other horse to keep her company.

PM for additional details.

Hauling is not available.

ETA: She is NOT a show horse. She is NOT a jumper. Not saying she couldn't be shown in small little schooling shows, but she is definitely NOT a trained show horse.

ETA #2: I do not consider any horse 100% kid-proof, etc. and while this mare is extremely calm and well broke, please do not send me an e-mail if you are considering her as a "first horse" for a VERY young child (as in 5 and younger).
    Last edited by RedTahoe; Jul. 8, 2009 at 12:55 PM.

Hi hon, can you tell me, was this rescue in Dallas GA? There is another one in the Waleska/Canton area who claims to be a rescue as well that sad sad horses come from.
    and I am keeping my eye on them.
    Our horses are not seen as the old and disabled they may have become, but rather as the mighty steeds they once believed themselves to be.

Sunkissed Acres Rescue and Retirement

oops, I meant that to be a pm sorry
    Our horses are not seen as the old and disabled they may have become, but rather as the mighty steeds they once believed themselves to be.

Sunkissed Acres Rescue and Retirement

Quote Originally Posted by snkstacres View Post
    Hi hon, can you tell me, was this rescue in Dallas GA?
    No, this one is in Central Georgia.

* bump *

Added some info.

check your emails.

I am sorry; however, we just got back online yesterday from the holiday weekend and were nowhere near my e-mail over the weekend.

I believe this pony mare will be going to a home sometime this week with a child who lives, almost literally, around the corner with asperger's. His hippotherapy instructor is coming out later to assess her.