The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Default bridle

Sunkissed that is so very kind of you. I know you could use it too to fund things so I just want to say that I greatly appreciate it and all that you do! I don't rescue near as high volume as you do so I know it is in no way cheap and yet you still find ways to help others! Bless you!!!
    To ride a horse is to borrow freedom.

Default Thanks

I want to give thanks to two generous COTHers out there! I recieved your boxes of donations and will be forever greatful for your generosity! Oh and my hubby got excited when he saw the Rose Hill Kansas address as that is where he grew up
    If anyone else would like to clean out thier tack room, etc, I am still happy to recieve dirt dust and all in order to add more items for the fund raiser
    Thanks again for the donations!!! COTHers are such wonderful people!

Piqua Guest

Hi!

Please PM me your mailing address, I have a brand new Troxel helmet (velvet show type), never used and still with the tags that I can send along with some older but usable breeches. Good luck with more donations!

Haven't forgotten about you. Will hopefully be able to get the saddle and maybe bridle to you out next week. Just wanted to make sure you knew I didn't forget.
    The one good thing about repeating your mistakes is that you know when to cringe.

Default donations

Thank you both so very much! I must admit it feels like Christmas when a donation arrives! I just can't wait to dive in and add it to the list! It feels so great to have the list growing!!!

Quote Originally Posted by equislover View Post
    Thank you both so very much! I must admit it feels like Christmas when a donation arrives! I just can't wait to dive in and add it to the list! It feels so great to have the list growing!!!

Ok, I have your donation boxed and it is off in the mail today. A nice bridle and silver breast plate. Still in its bag so it will make a great prize or auction item. Goodluck with your fundraiser and God Bless the Children. I love St. Judes.
    Our horses are not seen as the old and disabled they may have become, but rather as the mighty steeds they once believed themselves to be.

Sunkissed Acres Rescue and Retirement

Default donations

Bless you! I will let you know when it arrives

Good timing!

My parents just "returned" a tack box to me that has been sitting around their house since I was in middle school. Talk about a blast from the past!

The goods:

*Black Wembley riding helmet, velveteen, size small adult. ASTM approved but is an older helmet ~10 years old. Clean helmet in good condition cosmetically, no odors, and was never involved in a fall.

*SS low port Kimberwick bit, 4 3/4" w/ curb chain. Good as new, no corrosion or defects, is clean condition as-is but could be spit-shinned to look practically brand new.

*Cottage Craft fabric comfort girth w/ elastic. Brown color, good condition. I'm blanking on the size, but fit a tubby arab horse.

*Running martingale attachment for breast plate. Collegiate brand, medium chestnut color, but would darken with oil.

*Collegiate brand 5/8" laced leather reins, also medium chestnut. Need a good clean & conditioning, but intact and no dry rot.

*Miller's Pro-Tek foam half pad, black color.

*Miller's Roma Cool-max waffle-weave square pad, dark blue color with green piping. Looks good.

*English white fleece fitted saddle pad, medium quality, some normal discoloration from regular use.

*Fancy stitched leather bridle, cob-sized, dark havana color. Generic, India-made, OK for schooling or for local fun shows. Matching 5/8" laced reins.

*Used Farnom brand nylon halter, cob-sized, 3/4", hunter green color w/ brass hardwear.

*Clincher browband, brown w/ brass, small horse sized. Nice quality but missing one small metal clincher.

*Running martingale attachment, thick dark leather, for training or schooling.

If you could use any or all of it for your project, I'd be more than happy to box it up and send it your way. Just let me know!

Kristin

Default donation

Kristen how very generous of you! Please do box it up and send it when you are able! These items will help tremendously! Thank you so much. Oh and my address is in an earlier post
    I also recieved an english saddle as a donation and I am not sure who it is from but I want to thank you very much! What an incredible donation!

I want to thank everyone one of you that have offered and sent donations. Events like my ride would not be possible without the generous donations from people like you and I feel honored to be a part of such a wonderful COTH family! Please if anyone wants a reciept for thier taxes send me a note and I will be happy to get you one!
    Feel free to keep the items coming, dust, dirt and all It can only make the ride that more successful and every bit counts when it comes to these children!

Default Donations

Thank you for those that have sent your donations! For those of you that haven't please don't forget me
    On a side note, I went through my sponsor kit to send out reciepts and noticed that they are not in thier this year. I just placed a call to St. Jude's and they informed me that they are not sending them out this year as they have been misused in the past. She said people are to use thier checks as reciepts for their taxes but I informed her I am recieving item donations so that will not work in this case. So she is checking with the department and is going to call me back. I will post an update as soon as I hear back from them. I do apologize if this causes any inconveniences for anyone and will pass on the St. Jude phone number if they will not provide reciepts but I am hoping they will help me out in this case. If this is a problem please let me know and I WILL make this right. Once again I am sorry but I did not have my sponsor kit when I started this post and this is my fifth year doing this event and this is the first time I have run into this problem. It is however still an incredible cause that I will continue to support with all of my heart.
    Thank you

Default update

I finally heard back from St. Jude's this morning and what they are going to do is to send the donaters a letter themselves for thier taxes. So for those that would like a reciept for thier taxes I will fax a list of names and addresses to St. Judes and St. Judes will issue letters to those people on the list so that they have reciepts for thier taxes. Wew! Glad this all worked out! I didn't want to make a liar out of myself!
    So just remind me when you send your donations of your name and address on a note so I can add you to the list I will compile. If you do not wish for a reciept that is fine, no note needed.
    Thanks all, and sorry so many posts!!!

Let me dig through my stuff and see what I can find. I also have a CO helmet that didn't fit my head right. I lost the store reciept(of course) so i can't return it.

Do you take old/new show clothes? I have a Ariat Jacket that never has been worn. I have discoverd that I am better off with long waisted jackets fit wise than the regular length.

Default Would love

I would love for you to dig through your goodies to see what you can come up with! Helmets, used show clothes, anything is appreciated! I wish you could see how excited people get over these silent auctions and how successful they are with bringing in money at these events. They are just a blast and really make the event! Thank you for the offer!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by equislover View Post
    I would love for you to dig through your goodies to see what you can come up with! Helmets, used show clothes, anything is appreciated! I wish you could see how excited people get over these silent auctions and how successful they are with bringing in money at these events. They are just a blast and really make the event! Thank you for the offer!!!!

You should have recieved the silver bridle and breastplate by now. I sent it to Tressa I believe in Watertown.
    I understand the reciept issue but no big deal for me. I dont need one so no note was sent. I hope you guys bring in tons of money for those kids.

Bless you for offering your time and services.
    Our horses are not seen as the old and disabled they may have become, but rather as the mighty steeds they once believed themselves to be.

Sunkissed Acres Rescue and Retirement

Let me go through my show clothes and grab the helmet. My old horse was a bay and the new guy is a bright chestnut. Pinks and purple shirts don't look so good on him. I had a lot of pink and purple...

Default donations

I understand, that is like me being a redhead and not looking good in pink or red! Maybe I need to rule out purple too, hadn't thought of that before Thank you again for thinking of me, and St. Judes, for donating your items to!

Default A special thank you

I want to send out a special thank you to Sunkissed Acres and Ty2003 for your very generous donations!
    I also want everyone to know that I was rumiging through my donations yesterday trying to get an inventory and donations from COTH members are my primary donations! Way to go COTHers! You all should be very proud knowing that you are such wonderful, kind hearted people! Bless you all for making the world a better place for children with childhood cander

A thank you from the bottom of my heart!

Default Follow up from ride!

I want to thank everyone so much for donating so generously for my ride! If you are in TN you know our weather was not on my side for saturday as they were calling for an 80 percent chance of rain! Unfortunately that did keep many riders away however I did have 46 riders head out on the trails that morning ready to brave the rain but someone must have been smiling down on us as we did not get one single drop of rain throughout the entire day even though surrounding areas got plenty! Needless to say it was a great day and even though the turnout wasn't what I had hoped thanks to the many generous donations the silent auction was a huge success helping to bring our grand total of almost $4000 for the day! I would say that is pretty incredible considering I had probably about 50 percent cancelation due to weather! So once again I want to thank everyone that took the time to send items to help out! I will be turning in the spreadsheet to St. Judes within a week or so for tax reciepts to be sent out as I still have a couple address to obtain.
    Thank you all, you made the ride a success!