The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Default Oh Dear.. Looking For Another Pony! North Carolina

My son has been riding a boarders pony who is a bit.. wild. Today she pulled a stunt and he decided that he was not up for dealing with it - rearing and bucking. She also kicked me while escaping He is 9 and a beginner rider so this is not something for him to "work thru". He is a nice little boy who really likes horses and is always kind to them.

So I am looking for another perfect pony. He can share my daughters until I find one but that's a tough thing to share as my daughter and her pony are in love.

If anyone has a medium or large pony, who needs a forever home and would be nice to a little boy who just wants to walk and trot around in the fields and do some trail riding, we sure would be happy to have him or her. Old is great. Slow is great. Maintenance is fine. No bucking, rearing, kicking, bolting, biting, please.

Your pony would be treated like the prince or princess that she/he is and kept until he/she went over the bridge, or returned to you if you prefer. Of course we have references and pictures of where the pony would live.
    Last edited by EqTrainer; Jun. 26, 2009 at 10:18 PM. Reason: location
    "Kindness is free" ~ Eurofoal
    ---
    The CoTH CYA - please consult w/your veterinarian under any and all circumstances.

Can't remember where you are located, but I know of a couple of ponies.....
    FREE TACK/APPAREL ADS: BITS AND BARTER BOARD: http://bitsandbarter.proboards.com/i...ay&thread=5450

Maine may be a bit far off for you, but there's a poster on mainehorse.com who has a pony that sounds like it might work:
    http://www.mainehorse.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=1587

EqTrainer,
    PM me. I don't have a pony but just heard from a friend in SW VA who is looking for a home for her Welsh pony. I don't know prices, however. I believe pony is 10 and is lead line thru short stirrup type .
    Carol

Default locating a suitable pony

EqTrainer,
    Please PM me when you get a chance... I have a network of available horses/ponies that need new homes, and may have several suitables to choose from. Location, please!
    J

Dang it, are you sure he isn't up for a 16.3 "pony".

Sorry, I forgot to mention we are in NC.

Dalpal, if only he were still around when my kids are ready for an awesome horse like that!

I'll be following up with this probably on Sunday, so anyone who has PM'd me or is waiting for info please be patient, I'll be back w/you soon
    "Kindness is free" ~ Eurofoal
    ---
    The CoTH CYA - please consult w/your veterinarian under any and all circumstances.

Hey EqT,
    Far away I think.... but scroll down to "Lou" ... 14.2 been shown by a 10 yr old.. says anyone can ride. Cutie! http://www.4thehorses.com/horsesavailable.htm

Just saw her and thought of your post!
    www.hogbackhillfarm.com

Hmmm I know of a few school horses/ponies that may be heading to retirement at the end of the summer... I will let you know if there is anything that might interest you.

Hope Little Mr. EqT ends up with a fun mount... and I can see why LMissEqT is not so fond of sharing Whoasie, she is cute as a button!
    We couldn't all be cowboys, so some of us are clowns.

Theres a rescue maer here in giveaways that might work. You may be to far away but its worth a shot...
    “Management is doing things right; leadership is doing the right things.” Peter Drucker