The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Default European equivalent of USEF database for show records ?

Is there a European "show record" database similarly equivalent to the USEF ? If so, does anyone know the link or what I should search for ? If not, any suggestions for a "show record" search ?

I am helping with the research for my trainer whose stallion is going to be presented at inspections for breeding approval this year. He already has a sufficient US show record to meet the sport requirements for the registry but it would also be nice to include his European show record.

So, I am looking for the show record of a KWPN stallion that was imported to the US in the fall of 2003. I know he had a show record (jumpers) prior to being imported but we are unsure of the exact level. I believe he was probably shown in Holland.

Any help or suggestions would be much appreciated.

o.k. you made me laugh because so many people complain about US databases and love the german one if we tell what we can get infomration on !

There is a a database in germany, which includes each and every show horse. As we hve always had a unique lifenmber there is no messing with changing horse names etc and all is on record as there is only one show organisation !

Switzerland has the very same I believe. Not sure about the Netherlands or Belgium but I would guess they will have something.
    I suggest the follwing: get into contact with the KWPN. He should have a european passport with his lifenumber in there which they would need. Ask them about his damline successes as they should know at least something about that (siblings or other licensed horses or know show horses in the damline). Ask them who to ask about a riding show record within the Netherlands. They should direct you to the right contact. Than you could check his passport. If he competed in germany on a regular basis, there should be some kind of stamp/sticker in there saying something like FN Warendorf in it. Than you could contact the german branch of FEI (the FN) and ask for a lifetime record of that horse in Germany.

You could send me his pedigree -Father dam, dam father, dam's dam and so on as many as you know, if possiblle with year of birth (=last digits of lifenumber) - his name, lifenumber I have an idea to check something quick and free.

For a contact at the KWPN maybe Siegi B. of this forum could give you a name and ideas whom to ask in addition. She breeds KWPN as far as I know and has good contacts to Europe (she is German).

Good luck !
    I am not responsible for spelling misstacks - just my PC
    www.hannoveranerzuechter.de
    Foals 2014: Black filly Londontime - Sandro Hit - Rouletto
    Black colt Likoto xx - Florencio - Prince Thatch xx

Default Koninklijke Nederlandse Hippische Sportfederatie

http://www.knhs.nl/

The will have the records that you are looking for. Link to contact page up the upper right corner. They speak english, so just call them and tell them what you're looking for. You will need the horse's registered name, yob, sire and dam, and or registration number. If you don't have that info, I think they might be able to looking up the horse.

Good luck!

Quote Originally Posted by Fantastic View Post
    http://www.knhs.nl/

The will have the records that you are looking for. Link to contact page up the upper right corner. They speak english, so just call them and tell them what you're looking for. You will need the horse's registered name, yob, sire and dam, and or registration number. If you don't have that info, I think they might be able to looking up the horse.

Good luck!
    Thank you !! I have contacted them and I am waiting to hear back.