The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Default Tack Shop Stuff....

Hi everyone!
    I own a small tack shop that I am trying to reorganize. The trouble I am having is we only have a small shop, and have more stock than I can fit into it! I am trying to figure out some nice ways to get things organized and display products, but I am coming up on empty for ideas. I thought I would check with you guys and see if you have seen any good display ideas in your favorite shop or anything like that.

I am especially have issues with displaying english and western saddle pads in a way that the customer can look at them! I have hung many up but I am now running out of wall space.

Any ideas? I'm stuck!

Quote Originally Posted by LoveLongManes View Post
    I am especially have issues with displaying english and western saddle pads in a way that the customer can look at them! I have hung many up but I am now running out of wall space.
    Our local tack shops hangs saddle pads from racks. They have a couple of round ones, you can fit lots of pads, using hangers to hold them. They also hang some from those racks that graduate in height, from low to high and then back down to low again, using hangers you can fit a bunch of saddle pads.

They also display dress sheets, coolers, sheets & blankets, etc. from those blanket racks hanging from the wall of the shop. The kind that have several wood or metal bars hanging like a ladder.

There is a wood armoire with the doors left open, they use the shelves to display gift items, treats, etc. and hang a few items from the open doors too.

Have a sale!
    Seig Heil Polo Shirt!

Whatever you do, make sure people can walk through comfortably. There is no bigger turnoff for us claustrophobic folk than not being able to even get to the merchandise, or in my case, push a baby stroller through without feeling like El Destructo as everything comes crashing down on me.
    where are we going, and why am I in this hand basket?