The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Default Tack shops in Lexington, KY?

We are coming down to Lexington tomorrow for the horse park schooling day and I was wondering if there were any good tack shops near the horse park. There is nothing in my neck of the woods! Thanks!
    5, 4, 3, 2, 1, GO - you're on course!

Wise Choice is pretty much around the corner from KHP, on Georgetown Rd.

It caters to hunter/jumper/eventer folk.

If you are leaving the KHP, turn right. Drive until Ironworks intersects Georgetown Road. Turn left.

I think Wise Choice is about five miles...maybe the second intersection. There is a Waffle House across from it, and it's right before a Marathon or Thornton's gas station.

It usually has horse trailers parked in front of it.

Thumbs up Fennell's at RED MIILE TRACK

Fennell's - located at the Red Mile Track - a must see - everything you need and want and more.
    Zu Zu Bailey " IT"S A WONDERFUL LIFE !"

Not all that near KHP but Bob Mickler's has a lot of stuff. It's located just west of downtown Lex on Rt. 60 (I believe it's called High St. there, but then changes its name to Versailles Rd).

If you want to check it out, here's their website:

www.bobmicklers.com

I heard of a tack store that's apparently right by the KHP, that has a good amount of used saddles for sale. Anyone heard of it, or is it one of the afore mentioned?

I know Wise Choice does used saddles... Dave currently has one of mine!

I am coming from Toronto, Canada to Lexington, Ky in July . Do you know what are the best tack shops? My daugther is the rider and is looking for plaid and coloured breeches for children . They are very hard to find here and are very expensive. Do you where is the best palce to buy it?

thanks
    Samantha

I am coming from Toronto, Canada to Lexington, Ky in July . Do you know what are the best tack shops? My daugther is the rider and is looking for plaid and coloured breeches for children . They are very hard to find here and are very expensive. Do you where is the best palce to buy it?

thanks
    Samantha

thanks
    Samantha

The Tack Shop of Lexington is the new one- off Newtown Pike, near the Marriott Griffin Gate. Fennell's is ok- mostly saddlebred stuff though. The Hitching Post in Middletown, just this side of Louisvle is quite good!
    Proud supporter of SprotHorseRiders.com

The Tack Shop of Lexington is great. Closest to the KHP, right on Newtown Pike. Lots of great clothing and some used saddles. http://www.tackshopoflexington.com/

Wise Choice Tack is not too far from the KHP. Dave is very nice and does carry children's clothes.

If you visit the KHP, go over near the stabling area, because there are always several tack trailers set up for the folks who are showing. They will probably have some choices, too.
    When in Doubt, let your horse do the Thinking!