They EASILY hold a 50lbs bag of feed, whether it be pellets, or textured feed. I would probabaly only stack 2, as I've found that stacking more than that causes the container to compress just enough that it's difficult to secure the lid on the bottom container. It seems to work fine with just 2 though. I've been using mine daily for 2 years now, and they look like new. I did end up throwing out the rubber band like seal, as it lost its elasticity. Even without it, these babies seal tight! I think I've seen them at Petsmart also.
I have Stack and Store bins and they can only be stacked two high.
If you try to go any higher, they collapse when full of stored item.
They are easy to use and keep clean, but won't buy as much room
as I hoped in the feed room. They easily store 50# of feed, even
100# of feed. They are not airtight and if you have any rodent
problem, the %^&* rodents may chew a hole in the bin to get
into the food stored inside.
We use the biggest size Vittle Vault and love them... they don't stack, but since they are square and tall, and only about... 18" square, you can fit four of them where two round trash cans used to fit. Kind of pricey, about $50 with freight, but the gasket keeps feed very fresh, they are easy to open with one hand, and again, shape is SO much smarter than dumb round trash cans that hog space.
Check out American Plastics or others online- sometimes you can get things like this lots cheaper in larger lots, or cut down the freight price a bunch. Oh, ours are years old and no problems at all. Love 'em!
I got mine from the local Tru Value Hardware store.
Now available from Target. They hold 50+ lbs. of feed, can be stacked 3 high and seem sturdy. The openings stay open and snap shut.
Only drawback is the opening is a little small. A full-size scoop will fit, but must be worked a bit to keep the scoop full when you pull it out.
I use these also and they work pretty well. So far no mouse issues, but under the front lip that catches the lid, there are little air holes. I put a piece of duct tape over them as I had trouble with a few creepy crawlies getting in.