The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Default any interest??

I am down in South Florida and due to the economy I am forced to downsize a bit. I have a few broodmares I would love to find a home for if anyone is interested. I can not part with my retirees because they are in their late 20s, so I have to pick someone. It is important they find a good home. I did not breed this year, so they are just hanging out now.
    The first is an Irish mare by Euro Clover, a Clover Hill. She is 13 this year. Was a fantastic jumping mare, had an accident and suffered some paralasyis. She only shows a very small droop on her face now, barely noticable. She has had two great foals for us, unfortuanately, her last foal's umbilicus twisted in utero and he was born prematurely dead. She does not sweat well in the dead of summer so a northern home would be preferable. We haven't tried to ride her in years and I would say she is probably best suited as a broodmare. She is not dominant in a herd, a very sweet mare.
    The other mare I have has a foal at her side at the moment. We have had three great foals from this mare. These two mares have been together for many years now. She is approx 13, I can find out, but just off my head. She is a Riverman, the grey one. She is not papered. She does have a slight club, but has not passed that to any of her colts. The quality of her foals have been fantastic. She will be available once the foal is weaned, probably sept or october. She is a beautiful mare. She is sound but has not been ridden for many years now. Just do not have the time or desire to see how she would be under saddle at this point. She has been a fantastic broodmare.
    I am just wondering if there would be any interest in either of them. They are both bay mares, the Irish mare stands about 16.1, the other 16 hands.
    Last edited by mrf0418; Jun. 23, 2009 at 04:52 PM.

Smile

Try changing the title of your post ie; horse type location

I tried but could not get back to re post, so sorry.

bump