The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Default Website designer

I need someone to do updates on my website. I really want someone who can do the updates in a timely manner, by that I mean within a few days. Anybody know of someone who does a good job for them?

That would depend on what software your web site was built with and how big/extensive it is.

ditto BaroquePony.

Also, by updates, do you mean a few text edits, or are there photos that need to be cropped, edited, resized, and posted? I'll PM.
    I tolerate all kinds of animal idiosyncrasies.
    I've found that I don't tolerate people idiosyncrasies as well. - Casey09

I do my own. It doesn't take more than a few minutes for updates and it can save you money and alot of headaches/frustration with companies that put you on a back burner or don't get it just the way you envisioned it. If you have a few minutes, its very easy with all of the software available these days
    Epona Farm
    Irish Draughts and Irish Sport horses

Join us on Facebook

PM sent.
    Zion Farm - Friesian & Norwegian Fjord Horses

I design/maintain web sites and would be more then willing to discuss your needs with you. I also do print ads if needed. I can give you references. PM me for my contact info if you are interested, or you can find it on my website (www.mdmdesigns.com). Some of the horse-related sites I maintain are:

www.redfieldfarms.com
    www.dollhousefarm.com
    www.lakeviewstud.com
    www.salvandistud.com
    www.brookedgefarms.com

Quote Originally Posted by horsetales View Post
    I do my own. It doesn't take more than a few minutes for updates and it can save you money and alot of headaches/frustration with companies that put you on a back burner or don't get it just the way you envisioned it. If you have a few minutes, its very easy with all of the software available these days
    DITTO! After wasting over a thousand dollars thinking hiring a pro was the way to go, I started all over and made my site myself and have 100% control since I don't have to put up with unreliable people. They are EASY if you are willing to spend some time having someone help you get started, you might have to invest in the software but well worth it in the long term.

I created our website and am taking on additional websites for extra income. Our site is in my signature line. Let me know what you think!
    Don't breed- Adopt your steed!
    Mountain View Rescue

Your need for professional assistance vs. the feasibility of doing it yourself depends on a number of things. How detail-oriented are you? Technically capable? How complex is the existing way things are put together on your site? If you posted the URL of your site, it would be easy to tell you whether it would be simple or slightly tedious to make updates.

Also, if you had a pro build the site for you originally, and now plan to have someone new work on it, or do it yourself, you will want to get a copy of all the page files and images and such from the original site developer.

Good luck.
    I tolerate all kinds of animal idiosyncrasies.
    I've found that I don't tolerate people idiosyncrasies as well. - Casey09