The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Those little black dots are mold that will not come out and will continue to spread. We had those show up on a nice saddle and took it into a saddle maker who told us it was not stoppable. They will spread and the only thing you can do is to try to darken the entire saddle. You cannot leave it in an unairconditioned tack room. Send it back.

I sold a saddle recently on eBay. I figured if the buyer had a problem they would contact me and I would deal with it if they did it within one or two days of receiving it. If you wait longer it gets unfair to the seller because maybe the buyer did something to it... Who knows?

I would have taken the saddle back less the shipping because I never believed it would have gone so cheap. It made me sick to sell it at that price.

Quote Originally Posted by imissvixen View Post
    I would have taken the saddle back less the shipping because I never believed it would have gone so cheap. It made me sick to sell it at that price.
    Just FYI, if paypal disputes are found in the buyer's favor, they'll make the buyer pay to ship it back to you, but they'll make you refund the shipping.