The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Default Stupid question...

If I am going to a C rated show, and show in the 2'6", can I go to an A rated show 2 weeks later and do a 2'3" division? At the first show it's either crossrails or the schooling hunters, and he's definitely past the crossrail stage. I am betting that the 2'6" division also won't be up to a full 2'6". The second show will definitely be a full, decorated 2'3". I have limited days that I can show and I want to get my greenie out as much as possible this summer. So I am wondering if I'm allowed to do this..they are both non-rated divisions and in the prizelists neither say any types of restrictions on previous show heights. I just don't want to break the rules.
    Thanks!
    My CANTER cutie Chip and IHSA shows!
    http://www.youtube.com/kheit86

yes, you can go try reading the prizelists, too, and see the rules/specs for those divisions. in general, however, there are very few rules as far as what you can show in at one show over another, and unless you're doing small or medium pony hunters at one show and something in the other, you will not have to worry about breaking any rules or doing anything. those types of rules only apply to higher level divisions like pony hunters, green ponies, green horses, pre green, etc, ammy classes, all that stuff
    (|--Sarah--|)

Blitz <3 & Leap of Faith <3

Thanks! I didn't think it was against the rules but I wanted to be sure...it's been a long time since I've done any rated shows, lol!
    My CANTER cutie Chip and IHSA shows!
    http://www.youtube.com/kheit86

Quote Originally Posted by To the MAX View Post
    Thanks! I didn't think it was against the rules but I wanted to be sure...it's been a long time since I've done any rated shows, lol!
    sure, no problem just try reading and comparing prizelists for the shows you go to. i think that's how i learned the majority of horse show rules and division rules and stuff.
    (|--Sarah--|)

Blitz <3 & Leap of Faith <3