The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Clarksdale, MS--the golden buckle on the cotton belt

Default 2006 QH stallion De Renzo

I found him quite by accident when looking up his TB sire Is It True. Is It True is by Raja Baba of all lines to have crossed over into QH land.

De Renzo is the first Appendix QH to have been crowned World Champion in AQHA Halter for Yearlings. He has continued his Halter winning ways since, and is now standing in QH land for Halter horses. He has a huge ad in the AQHA Journal, and you can imagine what the photo emphasizes.

My mind boggles at a Raja Baba grandson being successful at AQHA Halter.
    "I'm a lumberjack, and I'm okay."
    Thread killer Extraordinaire

Quote Originally Posted by vineyridge View Post
    I found him quite by accident when looking up his TB sire Is It True. Is It True is by Raja Baba of all lines to have crossed over into QH land.

De Renzo is the first Appendix QH to have been crowned World Champion in AQHA Halter for Yearlings. He has continued his Halter winning ways since, and is now standing in QH land for Halter horses. He has a huge ad in the AQHA Journal, and you can imagine what the photo emphasizes.

My mind boggles at a Raja Baba grandson being successful at AQHA Halter.
    Interesting. My 2 year old TB colt is by a Is It True grandson.

Who was the breeder ? Hartley / De Renzo ? I guess he was named for Dean De Renzo since they stood Is It True in 2005. I had heard, through the grapevine, that they had been breeding their TB stallions to QH mares also. I think I heard that FL was going to have QH racing soon, so I thought that was why the they were breeding to QH mares. But it is interesting that one ended up in the halter show world.

Any more odd than Quickly as the dam of Count Fleet AND Depth Charge- one of the early TB's important as a QH race sire?

When I look at the photos of Is It True's predecessors on Pedigree Query, the Bold Ruler ample rear end is there and also Never Bend had a pretty good engine, both horses by Nasrullah.

Cross that type of TB on a QH mare and that's what you can get.
    Last edited by Catsdorule-sigh; Jun. 14, 2009 at 10:06 PM. Reason: Can't spell or can't type- take your pick....

Clarksdale, MS--the golden buckle on the cotton belt

For some reason, the advertising photos for AQHA halter horses always remind me of hippopotamuses or rhinos. De Renzo isn't quite that bulky yet, but he does have Impressive in his dam lines. He's advertised as N/N.
    "I'm a lumberjack, and I'm okay."
    Thread killer Extraordinaire

I cancelled my subscription to the QH Journal a couple years ago. . . but I would sure love to see more form and function brought back to their halter horses. Although, I'm not sure what the breed standard is suppose to be anymore. . . but I wish they would get away from the 'do nothing' type halter horse.