The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Default Vinyl "fake" fences

Last fall at Harrisburg we saw some vinyl (or something like that--plastic?) sheets that were colored to look like walls and other scary things. The farms that had them hung them on the warm-up jumps (with velcro?). Has anyone out there purchased such a thing? These looked like brick walls, walls with cut outs and just scary random colors. We would like to buy something like this and would really appreciate any web sites or contact numbers.

Thanks so much!
    Rafiki
    "Once you have tasted flight, you will forever walk the earth with your eyes turned skyward, for there you have been, and there you will always long to return." --Leonardo Da Vinci

Funny, I was just looking into this stuff yesterday as I have a wall and wishing wells I want to redo with it. It is called "stone veneer" and comes in big sheets or smaller ones. There is a huge variety in looks as well. Sadly, my local Lowes does not carry anything other than a cheesy looking brick (which I can faux paint myself) and the shipping is too much for me to order what I want online. Just Google "faux stone veneer" and a ton of sites will come up. I haven't seen anything with cut outs though......
    Ridge Farm Inc.-full care retirement
    http://www.horseretirementfarm.com

They sell some in Dover. Though, they look more like imitation jumper jumps then walls, and such.

Quote Originally Posted by theoldgreymare View Post
    Funny, I was just looking into this stuff yesterday as I have a wall and wishing wells I want to redo with it. It is called "stone veneer" and comes in big sheets or smaller ones. There is a huge variety in looks as well. Sadly, my local Lowes does not carry anything other than a cheesy looking brick (which I can faux paint myself) and the shipping is too much for me to order what I want online. Just Google "faux stone veneer" and a ton of sites will come up. I haven't seen anything with cut outs though......
    I followed your advice and Googled Faux Stone Veneer and looked at one of the pages. It looked to me like these things are 3 dimensional? Wondering if anyone has simply tried linolium or something similar? Of course, this is off-topic from the OP's original question!

katie you are right, the things I am referring to are 3D and made of vinyl. I was thinking of just using some adhesive over my existing jumps to avoid repainting. The stuff I am talking about appears to be the stuff used for the walls Dover sells: http://www.doversaddlery.com/product...05&re=producta.

In re-reading the OP's post, I think luvstoridewb's is right, OP is probably referring to the panels that slip over jumps poles, like this maybe? http://www.doversaddlery.com/product...&ids=769455345
    Ridge Farm Inc.-full care retirement
    http://www.horseretirementfarm.com