The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Default Long oval heads, hear ye, hear ye

I just received the nicest helmet I've ever had. I was looking for a vented helmet, nice enough to show in, and went to a website called www.justalilbittack.com , which sells IRH helmets and lets you select whether you want it in long oval or regular.

I ordered a long oval IRH Elite, and love the way it looks and fits. Check them out!!!! I ordered the same size as I wear in a CO Whittacker (now Wellington I think), and the sizing is the same. Price and shipping was great too. Not as dressy as my CO, but who cares in the Texas heat. Besides, it has that nice smooth surface, whatever it's called, and I already feel years younger in it (my first non velvet helmet!!!!). I am an "older" rider.

I too just got an IRH Elite in long oval and love it. I was starting to despair of finding a helmet to fit my head (especially since I live in an area I'd have to drive 3 hours to a decent tack shop.) It fits so nicely and I was also looking for something with vents that's nice enough to show in. When looking in the mirror I realized part of the reason so many helmets look huge on me is because they're too wide for my head. In retrospect though, I wish I'd gotten the Elite Xtreme with the nicer harness.

Made me want to laugh when I opened it and saw what you were raving about. I bought one (locally) for my kid a few months ago. Got it home and tried it on. I have been trying to figure out how to con him out of it ever since. He doesn't want to trade my formerly loved Hampton, but I LOVE his helmet.

I have one in the regular shape and love it. It is only one of two helmets I have ever found that fits my circular head. Prior to these I was spending $450 on GPA's everytime I needed a new helmet.

As the owner of the store I am happy that you like the helmet. I started carrying the long ovals because they are the only ones that fit my head. Helmet fit was one of the biggest complaints at the shows I go to. They have become very poplular. I hardly get any orders for the regular shape anymore. Just about every IRH helmet can be done in a long oval. I am so happy to hear people like them. Plus I am still just a small family shop so this is good to see!!!

Quote Originally Posted by FrmGrl View Post
    As the owner of the store I am happy that you like the helmet. I started carrying the long ovals because they are the only ones that fit my head. Helmet fit was one of the biggest complaints at the shows I go to. They have become very poplular. I hardly get any orders for the regular shape anymore. Just about every IRH helmet can be done in a long oval. I am so happy to hear people like them. Plus I am still just a small family shop so this is good to see!!!
    I'm attempting to order a helmet from you guys...have you stopped accepting paypal?
    I know now, the place that I was trying to reach, was you, right here in front of me

Quote Originally Posted by anchorsaway View Post
    I'm attempting to order a helmet from you guys...have you stopped accepting paypal?
    Sorry, yes. Their fees have gotten to be so high its just not feasable to use them day to day. We still take credit card though.