The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Default Looking for B.C. TB sire

This is probably as random as it gets, and a total shot in the dark.

Approximately 2 years ago there was a horse named Nick showing in British Columbia. Apparently the horse was sent to California for training and was offered for sale. I did see the horse on equine.com listed for 50K at that time. Nick was a tall grey, basically white horse, around 16.3hh and a very scopey jumper, as in; in all his pictures he is over jumping fences by a couple of feet.

Unfortunately I had all the information on him and recently lost it when my hard drive went capput.

What I am trying to find out is Nicks Sires name. For some reason the name White Mountain comes to mind, but I could be way off. The sire apparently was standing in British Columbia.

I have searched the sire directories and have come up empty. I though perhaps someone on COTH hunter/jumper might remember the horse Nick as I am sure he is showing somewhere. I just don't have enough info on the sire to post directly on the breeding forum, not that I have a lot of info on his offspring either.

If anyone knows the horse I would appreciate any information you have.

Thanks

I don't know the horse and maybe this isn't terribly helpful but, if your not already, make sure you are using the Canadian spelling of gray for your internet sluething it may give you some different results.

Good luck!

I think you want "Sky White". He is, however, deceased.

BTW, if I have the right horse, "Nick" is "Nickalus", a 3'-3'6" jumper and eq horse in CA.

what name was he shown under up in BC?

Just another long shot. He might well have been by Sky White. Also, there was a beautiful grey l6.3 hh TB jumper stallion called Final Pool who was owned and ridden by Nick Trensky. It would not be a stretch to call one of Final Pool's offspring "Nick" as the pair were very well known around the GP tracks here and at Spruce. Final Pool is very popular as a sire for hunters and jumpers. (I have one of his daughters.) Pool actually died last year at 31 years old, but frozen semen is still available.

I should have been more specific, but I was just kind of throwing it out there. The horse "Nick" is a Thoroughbred, probably around 9 now. It is possible, but I do not think he would be a great eq. mount as he was extremely scopey, and hot. I know that the owner and the trainer who ended up with him had a hard time sticking.

Unfortunately I had all the information on the sire, and Nick, but counting on my computer as an source repository got me in trouble again.

Sky White does sound familiar, but that might just be the result of researching West Coast sires.

Do you remember if Sky White was owned by an older gentleman who ran TB's??

I didn't say he was a good one, just that's some of the classes listed in his horse report . Low level jumpers and some eq. I just looked on usef for horses with Nick as part of their name, narrowed it down to grey tb's in ca (is also 9, btw), and found one by a B.C. sire with a white-ish name. Thought it sounded like it could be in the ballpark.

Quote Originally Posted by CBoylen View Post
    I didn't say he was a good one, just that's some of the classes listed in his horse report . Low level jumpers and some eq. I just looked on usef for horses with Nick as part of their name, narrowed it down to grey tb's in ca (is also 9, btw), and found one by a B.C. sire with a white-ish name. Thought it sounded like it could be in the ballpark.
    Sorry if I did not sound appreciative, very much the contrary, I truly appreciate your input.

I guess you are correct, there are many monkey's doing the eq that are probably better suited elsewhere.

What was this horses sires name?

Default I think the person who id Sky White is right

Here is another son of Sky White who is a jumper sire--Platinum Lining.

https://www.horseclicks.com/horses/tpw89r/

Here is the FEI record for a Nickalus owned by Maggie Bedecarre # 4937823 also known as NICK

2008 Horse Results
    NICKALUS

MISC JUMPER

Sire: SKY WHITE
    Dam: ROCKY'S DELIGHT
    Breed: CANADIAN THOROUGHBRED

Below is a story of Belle of Ranier the dam of Sky WHite.

http://www.washingtonthoroughbred.co...ame_Horses.htm