The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Default SPA-LAAASH! I took the plunge!

Sometime in July, this will be mine!

http://www.countrycarriagesusa.com/i...06_PonyGig.jpg

I almost got a used one last June 20th, and hub was going past Claudette's exit anyway, so I asked him to stop and pick it up. Then he told me he had just left a meeting and his co. was bought by another co - who proceeded to let the entire sales force go. One minute you have a job and the next minute you're unemployed.

I ordered a new Country Gig cart today, and want to thank Claudette for being so patient with me and answering my MANY questions. Last year was difficult so I was afraid to take the leap. She must be a saint for sticking with me.

Wendy
    NC
    "Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read." -Groucho Marx

Very cool. Enjoy

I'm sure you and your horse will enjoy

That is the vehicle I started my pony with and still have to do pleasure shows. We did everything with it for the first 2 years from Pleasure shows, day of traditional driving to CDE and lots of miles on the trails and roads. I love it and I'm sure you will too. Claudette is a dream to deal with and we are so lucky to have someone right here.

Congratulations.

Hoping you have a lot of enjoyment and success.

Been meaning to call Claudette, 'cause I'm looking at that one too, for Q's "entry level" vehicle. What's the lead time on delivery? I won't really need a vehicle at all until spring, I don't think.
    "The standard you walk by is the standard you accept."--Lt. Gen. David Morrison, Austalian Army Chief

Good for you! Our Barn Owner has that cart and really enjoys driving it. Have a great time on this journey with your horse.

Pricestory, we'll be stylin' in Caludette's cart and your harness!

You're so right, we're blessed to have choices right here in NC. I love to support the *local* economy.

Wendy
    "Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read." -Groucho Marx

WA, I'd call Claudette to see about lead time. With the recession, they may be coming quicker with less to do. I think it took about 3 months for mine. There is also this thing about the builder going to Fla for the winter so you need to kind on plan around that.

......drooling Enjoy, it's beautiful.

I'm under the impression they're just coming back from FL and will be in the PA shop on Monday for the first time. Claudette said they have another shop in FL - so I think they're probably ataying somewhat busy.

IF I really get delivery in anytime July, it will be 6 weeks or less for mine. And she said that a lot depends on shafts and wheels in their shop. They buy those from someone else, so if they have to wait for them, the time would go longer.

Wendy

Ohh how pretty, can't wait to see the pictures of you and everyone harnessed and hitched, will be very sharp! Congratulations

Congrats! I aspire to get a country road cart. What color stain did you choose?

I chose dark walnut, as in the pic. I think the upholstery will be medium brown. I chose tufted vinyl. I can always make fabric covers which I'll be able to remove to wash. It just made sense to me.

Daddio was so nice this evening, He asked if I'm going to need some more/new tack when the cart comes in and I couldn't think of a thing! I will need a flag and an orange slow moving vehicle sign, but that'll be way down the road. I have harness, bridle, bit, whip. I don't have driving gloves so there's something. What else might I need?
    Wendy

Horse cookies

Congratulations! Can't wait to see the pictures of you all harnessed up and ready to go

Good gloves are a must. I use the Bionic ones from Journey's End. However for the summer I've been using a pair of Roeckl Solar riding gloves. They're very light and comfortable in the heat, and they keep you from having white, untanned hands However they don't offer them in brown - which is what you'll need if you ever decide to show.
    Pat Belskie - ASHEMONT Farm

http://www.ashemont.com
    Ashemont2@gmail.com