The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Free TB Gelding 16h, Bucks County PA

Ace is a 9yo TB gelding I took in last year & rehabbed from fairly rough condition. I am looking for a loving, long term home for him. He is very sweet, extremely quiet, and an all around good guy.

He is best suited to a light riding home, as he does have some soundness issues, mostly related to poor hoof care in the past. Both my vet and farrier feel that he will be completely rideable with patience and proper shoeing. I had planned to finish his rehab myself, but we are moving off our farm and I will not have the facilities to do so.

He has no bad habits, and is up to date on all vaccinations, has a current coggins, etc., and will make a wonderful partner for the right person.

http://good-times.webshots.com/photo...01009025qfFEyn

http://good-times.webshots.com/photo...01009025Vvggrw

http://good-times.webshots.com/photo...01009025zdsrVK

bump for you.
    I must know you since were not to far away. He looks like such a sweet guy. PM with your info if you'd like. Since I'm in the neighborhood, I can keep my ears open for you.

What's his JC name? Just curious cause my gelding was Acey, a little too boring for me.

Bumping this up...Ace is a real sweetheart, and I would love to find him a home!

What sort of shoeing are you talking about? Just shoes in general (on all four? just fronts?) or "special" shoes?

Quote Originally Posted by analise View Post
    What sort of shoeing are you talking about? Just shoes in general (on all four? just fronts?) or "special" shoes?
    Right now he needs pads up front to protect his soles. He came to me with very flat feet & under run heels, which we have been working to correct. The real issue is a crack in his LF that was started by bruising & several abcesses. His hinds are fine without shoes, and once the crack is resolved, he shouldn't need anything special up front, either. It is really just a matter of patience & good farrier work.

My friend is interested - she has her own farm in NJ. How does she contact you? (She's not on COTH). Thanks!
    Last edited by Buffyblue; Jul. 5, 2009 at 04:56 PM. Reason: Send me a PT when you can. Thanks.
    She wasn't running away with me, I just couldn't stop her!

Haven't heard from you - is this horse still available? Friend in Hunterdon County, NJ is very interested. PT me with information. Thanks!
    She wasn't running away with me, I just couldn't stop her!

Sorry, I am out of town on business. Sending PM.

Bumping up because Ace's feet are doing great & I've been given the OK to start riding him lightly again!

Another bump... Chezzie is a good, honest person and Ace is a really nice guy who will make someone a great horse once he's 100% back in action.
    ~Veronica
    "The Son Dee Times" "Sustained" "Somerset" "Franklin Square"
    http://photobucket.com/albums/y192/vxf111/

Quote Originally Posted by vxf111 View Post
    Another bump... Chezzie is a good, honest person and Ace is a really nice guy who will make someone a great horse once he's 100% back in action.

Thanks V.

Bump! Ace is still available & I have current pics of his feet... (and the rest of him too!)

What kind of rider do you think he would need experience wise? I'm not too far from you, in Stroudsburg. If you can't find a home for him I could offer to hold him for you until you do. My horses are on my property and there's enough room for one more I'm sure if you need it.

Quote Originally Posted by JLMet View Post
    What kind of rider do you think he would need experience wise? I'm not too far from you, in Stroudsburg. If you can't find a home for him I could offer to hold him for you until you do. My horses are on my property and there's enough room for one more I'm sure if you need it.
    He's very quiet & easy...just about anyone can ride him. And thank you for the offer, but he's fine here for the time being.

Bump! Ace is available & doing great. His foot may not look pretty but he's sound and happy to have a job again.

His face always makes me smile and you have done an amazing job with him. I really hope someone comes along for him he just has the look of a truly special horse.

I agree Chezzie, he is adorable. I remember his "before" pictures and he looks like an entirely different horse. I hope he finds his person very soon!
    We couldn't all be cowboys, so some of us are clowns.

Aw, thanks guys.

I have a few people interested, but I figure new pics can't hurt! Hopefully he will find his people soon...he certainly deserves it.

I agree! His face is adorable...Im really hoping he works out for an adult client of mine and her daughter!!