The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Default Price for lightly used Stubben Roxanne S and would it be appropriate for a newbie?

So, Ive moved to hunt country, have a possibly usable mount and found this saddle used at local shop. Its one owner barely sat on it--no scratches ect. however its 18.5 seat puts it out of sizing for most (female) riders.

So what do you experienced folks think about price and would this be a "good" saddle to start with ( I have a butet that fits us but different thing of course)

ps I expect Ill be hilltoping then gating for 1-2 years.

pps My DH has agreed to ride the 'Ol' bay mare' and this would fit him but he's a "non-rider"--would this be a reasonable trail riding/hack saddle--the position is much more jump than "walk"....but we could ride together at least--(about time!!!)

tia klr

Clarksdale, MS--the golden buckle on the cotton belt

I think a Roxane S is a perfect hunting saddle. It will be comfortable for hilltopping and later when you advance. My only caveat is that it is built more for WBs than TB backs, so you might have to have it restuffed.

I bought one just for that, had it restuffed for my TB, then sold to a friend who hunts. He loves it, and so does the hunt barn owner that keeps horse for him.

Price--not over 1500 dollars. That's not quite what mine cost new in 2004.
    "I'm a lumberjack, and I'm okay."
    Thread killer Extraordinaire

Smile Thank you viney!!!

Im riding my homebred 6yo dutch mare she's a nice sized girl and the quiete'st youngster Ive ever known--Im afraid she'll bulk up and the 31 tree will get too small--but DH can still use it on her dam --I could resell without a loss if I get a good price as it doesn't even have billet marks on it yet---Ill make offer in AM....

Thanks again..klr