The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thumbs down Bored at work today? This will keep you busy for awhile!

Welcome to the Organization for Animal Dignity - where the gelding of stallions is considered to be violent mutilation:

http://www.animaldignity.org/animals/horses/main_xx.php

You have to click on the links to read some hilarious and ridiculous articles. Click the stallion page too and look through the stuff on there.

And if that doesn't fill up all your free time, you can click this page then go to the PayPal article link for another great big laugh!

http://www.animaldignity.org/aboutus/main_xx.php

Oh my. I'm just about speechless at most of those articles

Pure insanity...
    But its no use going back to yesterday because I was a different person then

-alice in wonderland

Fugly would love this

Eileen
    Mad Mare™ Studio
    Custom Swarovski®, Czech glass and gemstone browbands in Circlet, Diadem and Tiara styles. Matching stock pins, bracelets and belts.
    http://MadMare.com

Quote from "Our three main demands for horses" page....

Treatment
    Horses are to be treated just as humanely, dignified and respectful as a human should be treated who has a special handicap which makes it impossible to tell the difference between him or her and a horse

WTH?
    Ridge Farm Inc.-full care retirement
    http://www.horseretirementfarm.com

LMAO! Did you see the FAQs page? It talks about women riding geldings - apparently women who ride geldings are insecure and sexually messed up so they feel the need to dominate an animal who has been sexually mutiliated.

Just, wow.

...the irreversible physical mutilation of horses.

Geeze.

Wow... that website is just... wow.

It's like the Aspergers version of DS.

"sexual assistance" for animals? The hell?

(the definition of that just put me off my appetite for the rest of the day, for realz).
    "smile a lot can let us ride happy,it is good thing"

My CANTER blog.

Is this why our economies are tanking? Everybody is on the internet bulletin boards all day. (I'm self employed - tee hee)

.....O.o

So...the 'ladies' who wrote some of this...they're like twelve, right?

Maybe those traumatized ex-stallions would do better with something like this:
    http://www.neuticles.com/

That is hilarious because the first thought in my mind also was the neuticals (however you spell it) . But that's not good enough because when you geld, you're depriving males of their natural hormones.

But the website argues that performing a vasectomy is ok. With the vasectomy, stallions are still free to breed with a willing female mate, but she just doesn't get pregnant. And stallions should never be deprived of their breeding rights, and expressing their natural sexual tendencies............according to the website.

Yeah, I can imagine the problems that would cause (infections, broken legs, horses running through fences)

It's like the Aspergers version of DS.
    You're psychic Caff....this is the same person who started that hokey website:
    (Mark Schmid) am an Asperger-autist and the founder of the Organization for Animal Dignity. Sometimes I work almost full-time voluntarily and without a salary as an author, programmer and webpublisher for the Organization for Animal Dignity. This is only possible because currently I receive a disability pension. Perhaps due to my Asperger-autism I have a special understanding of and relationship to animals, with which I get along better than with most humans.
    AV2, didn't you just get a stallion you plan on keeping intact?
    You jump in the saddle,
    Hold onto the bridle!
    Jump in the line!
    ...Belefonte

Why do you insult women who ride on geldings? Is it because you just can't seem to score (get a woman) or what?]

Women who ride create, with the egoistic satisfaction of their gender-specific need or their need founded in their sexuality to ride, a lot of totally unnecessary suffering, totally unnecessary, severe bodily mutilations and totally unnecessary degrading of highly developed mammals; horses. Other "animal protection" organizations do nothing against it, because they are dominated mostly by women, a few cowardly and vain men and their common interests. That's why someone else, someone who is more dedicated to the cause must make these mass, totally unnecessary severe offenses against animals here among us, directly in front of our own door, a subject. This someone is us, the Organization for Animal Dignity.
    Dear God

How did they get an .org website........they also claim they don't even have a working fax machine lol

eech
    ....Sp less! For once!

Hey, if you get them Neuticles in a big size, wouldn't that..erm...increase their dignity?

Quote Originally Posted by MistyBlue View Post
    AV2, didn't you just get a stallion you plan on keeping intact?
    What the hell does that have to do with this website? I have absolutely nothing against gelding horses! Good grief.

And FYI, I never said I "plan on keeping [him] intact." I said I haven't decided what I'm going to do yet.

oh boy. Today is just full of trainwrecks. Not that this thread is one, but that website certainly is. I can see the debris everywhere.

On a side note, my new career goal is to be a COTH moderator. I wonder how I could make that happen
    "My shopping list is getting long but I will add the marshmallows right below the napalm." -Weighaton

Quote Originally Posted by Jealoushe View Post
    Dear God

How did they get an .org website........they also claim they don't even have a working fax machine lol
    They also say they've only made 20 dollars in donations.

I almost feel sorry for the guy that runs that site.

This reminds me of when a friend posted photos of his wife's free lease horse on his Facebook page, and some "friend" of his started a rant about how it's wrong to ride horses for pleasure. Using them for work is OK, but not for the rider's enjoyment. They are no longer "friends".

My response was that if people didn't ride horses, they'd probably be extinct.

But this guy is clearly a wacko. I loved his recreation of his conversation with Monty Roberts.

Quote Originally Posted by LearnToFly View Post
    On a side note, my new career goal is to be a COTH moderator. I wonder how I could make that happen
    You need one of these. A good bottle of Scotch wouldn't hurt either:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=td1KAgrYUGA

drain bamaged.