The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Default I am no expert but...

Here is text to a HELP ad placed on a local classified ad.

Title:
    WANTED: EXPERIENCED TROUBLED STALLION TRAINER!!

"troubled stallion, no back ground / where abouts, got from a friend. guessing he is 3 years old. apparently old owner was able to give him shots. won't take any from me or any vet without trying to attack them. vet weve been using terrified him into being very scared and harmful to us and our 2 geldings. he goes out only with mares. tried to fix him, vet suggested 2 darts put in by animal control. 4cc's of meds and snapped right out of it and ran over vet. im the only one he trusts but after one expiercence with him acting "crazy" im terrified of him. love him to death. gorgeous boy. EXTREMELY SMART!!!!!! very loving or atleast used to be. dont want to get rid. but ive come to the point where i cant train him on my own. and dont want to get seriously hurt by him. he now sees all of our geldings as threats and trys to attack all of them within just seeing a glimps of him. before all the vet incidents happend, first time i rode him which was ONCE was BAREBACK perfect!! no problem. now its completely diferent. i can't let this boy go, he has too much potential and a very smart boy. he has my heart. and it upsets me that hes like this. very tight on money at the moment. so please have a heart and be reasonable with the pricing. i really need help. i love this horse so much. "

WHY hasn't he been gelded yet is what I want to know.

I think he hasn't been gelded yet because he ran over the vet! But that's because the poor thing was scared . . . . (rolleyes)

This looks like a massive injury (human and equine) waiting to happen.
    Amateur rider, professional braider.
    ----
    Save a life, adopt a pet.

The grammar errors alone make me perhaps that's just the future english teacher in me though

I think someone's signature on here is something to the effect of "it takes all types to make the world go round" and I think we can apply that here

Sounds like a terrible situation, for everyone involved.

I don't know this person personally but I wouldn't want to train the stallion if he is like that.

While the add is . . . interesting. The person is trying to get help and clearly plans to geld the stallion, it just hasn't happened yet due to lack of training which she is trying to get for him. Hopefully she will find someone who can help her and this horse, he will get gelded and become a nice horse
    Last edited by mew; Jun. 1, 2009 at 01:06 PM. Reason: typo

Stallion of unknown origin who will only go out with mares????? Egads.
    where are we going, and why am I in this hand basket?

I believe "tried to fix him" followed by the dart story detailed their attempt to geld him.

I like the dart gun idea. This time just load it up with enough meds (4 cc's of ace I presume they used is squat to some horses) to drop the horse long enough for the vet to snip-snip.

Since they have no $$ for training & a obviously out of control dangerous horse--maybe they should just make their own carrot stick & wave it around? And then they can hug it out with their beautiful yet tries to maim others lovely stallion.
    "I'm not crazy...my mother had me tested"

Quote Originally Posted by AppendixQHLover View Post

WHY hasn't he been gelded yet is what I want to know.
    Because the 4cc darts wore off before the vet could separate sasafrass from his bojangles

Good grief. The stuff a person can dig up on the internet really makes you scratch your head doesn't it.............

I can't believe she wants to keep him. If he is that nasty how you can like something that tries to kill or maim you.

Because lurrrrrve knows no obstacles. They were meant to be, that is, after he gets separated from the nasty, manly behaviors. Of course, after all this time, they are BEHAVIORS, and just gelding doesn't necessarily help. We're rehabbing a feral pony right now who had this problem, and he will NEVER be a kid's pony, that's for sure. He strikes like an SOB, and while we've gotten him to stop that particular nastiness, he's still unpredictable. And it's not all the cojones, either.

This is just the horse for miss "PeteWentz" to get her training/lession program off the ground. She can teach it to be a speed racer near geldings, and an advanced level hunter around mares. And I would bet my left arm this horse is a Pergeron.

Last edited by Tiffani B; Jun. 1, 2009 at 06:59 PM.