The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Default Kittens in PA, near MD border

One of my customers is taking care of five 6 week old kittens because the mother has gone missing. Mama cat had them in their warehouse and they have set up the kittens with a litter box and a little box with a blanket to hide in. They look fairly healthy and he is doing a good job taking care of them, but they are scared and need some lovin's

They are afraid of people, but I held one for five minutes and he was getting used to being loved on. I think it would take one or two days of being in someone's home before they realize people are good.

Anyway, I would be willing to drive the kitten (or kittens) to anyone in PA, MD or WV. I would take some myself but I have six of my own and my hubby would kill me if I brought any more home.

Anyone?
    Erin and
    Instant Karma "Sunny", ShineDown "Liam"

"You can't control the wind, but you can adjust the sails."

Default Alley Cat Allies can help

Whoever takes them please, please make sure you spay and neuter them so this doesn't repeat. There are low cost spay neuter clinics and Alley Cats can help.
    http://www.alleycat.org/NetCommunity/Page.aspx?pid=191

Quote Originally Posted by Instant Karma View Post
    One of my customers is taking care of five 6 week old kittens because the mother has gone missing. Mama cat had them in their warehouse and they have set up the kittens with a litter box and a little box with a blanket to hide in. They look fairly healthy and he is doing a good job taking care of them, but they are scared and need some lovin's

They are afraid of people, but I held one for five minutes and he was getting used to being loved on. I think it would take one or two days of being in someone's home before they realize people are good.

Anyway, I would be willing to drive the kitten (or kittens) to anyone in PA, MD or WV. I would take some myself but I have six of my own and my hubby would kill me if I brought any more home.

Anyone?

Good luck and bumping for you.
    (I am down to 8 indoor rescued alley cats, 6 yrs to 16plus years)

If they're that young, they'll come around in a few days -- it doesn't take long! Feral kittens are just like green horses... they just need lots of positive reinforcement and good experiences.

Once they are 2 lbs. (usually at 8 weeks) they can be s/n, vaccinated, and tested at the Maryland SPCA on the north side of Baltimore for about $60-70 each. If you can get them fixed first, that's always helpful -- just charge an adoption "fee" equal to the cost of the s/n.

In and near Delaware you can get about the same deal, s/n, wormed, Revolution for fleas if needed, UTD shots and I think it's about $50 for males, $70 for females. http://www.forgottencats.org/index.php Forgotten Cats of Delaware serving DE, NJ, PA, MD and NOVA.

There is a low cost spay/neuter clinic just off of Rt. 40 on Principo Furnace Rd. I think it's called All Paws and they do dogs too.

I think maybe the Delaware SPCA is now doing some low cost s/n too but most clinics don't operate as often as Forgotten Cats, they spay and neuter every Tuesday and Thursday in, Claymont, DE and not sure if Willow Grove, PA has the same days of operation.

Quote Originally Posted by Erin View Post
    If they're that young, they'll come around in a few days -- it doesn't take long! Feral kittens are just like green horses... they just need lots of positive reinforcement and good experiences.

Once they are 2 lbs. (usually at 8 weeks) they can be s/n, vaccinated, and tested at the Maryland SPCA on the north side of Baltimore for about $60-70 each. If you can get them fixed first, that's always helpful -- just charge an adoption "fee" equal to the cost of the s/n.