The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results
    Southwestern Virginia

Default Tank is going to Camp Easter Seals to be a camp pony for the handicapped

His owner was a young lady in a wheel chair that is no longer able to keep him. I am looking for the right situation to place him. He is 12.3-13h shetland/haflingerX. Chestnut with a flaxen main and tail. He has developed a few pony tendencies. He has been allowed to do what he wants and will stand and eat rather than pay attention. He needs someone to remind him of his manners. Does not bite, kick, jump etc but just got away with a little too much. He is quiet. Electric wheel chairs, vehicles, loud noices nothing bothers him. He has a drafty build and can carry heavier weights without having to pick the rider up as high. He is currently located on my farm near Blacksburg, VA. At the owners request I would prefer to place him in a theraputic riding situation or something similar. For additional information please email or call (540)-309-9692
    Last edited by smilton; Jun. 3, 2009 at 12:15 PM.

Southwestern Virginia

I'm waiting to hear back from Easter Seals Camp.

After playing with him this weekend his only pony tendency is the desire to graze when walked through grass. If you don't let him the first two times he tries he gets the picture pretty quick.