The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Bruno Delgrange

Does anyone have a Bruno Delgrange saddle? I'm thinking about purchasing one, but I'm not sure if they are worth it. Anyone ridden in one? I have, and I personally loved it. I'm not sure if an Antares is better or not, any opinions? All opinions/comments welcome! Thanks for your time.
    I <3 my horses!

I have one-LOVE IT! It helps my leg sit at the girth and is super comfy.

OK cool! I've heard..... that they help you find your distance. Is that even possible? I'm guessing that they help your body stay in a good position that helps your eye... but idk if I'm just crazy or if that's possible. haha!
    I <3 my horses!

THE BEST SADDLE EVER!!!

As far as helping you find your distance, i don't know about that. But having excellent contact and ability to "feel" your horses movement and find your distance, yes.

Hope this helps.

Lol thank you! I guess that makes sense about the distance part. So you think I should sell my Barnsby and get one??
    I <3 my horses!

LOVE PJ's! Had the Original PJ and now ride in a PJ Pro. Both saddles were/are great. Helps me stay in the tack on ones who jump hard/round. No back problems on any horses.
    Last edited by Kahuna; May. 24, 2009 at 10:24 PM.

City of delusion in the state of total denial

Quote Originally Posted by ~*GOJUMP*~ View Post
    Lol thank you! I guess that makes sense about the distance part. So you think I should sell my Barnsby and get one??
    Sure, if a Delgrange fits your horse and you better than the Barnsby! Really, saddles are an intensely personal thing. They have to fit your horse so that he goes well, and they have to fit you so that you can hold your body position properly. If you love your Barnsby and it suits you and your horse, there's no reason to sell it; if you need to replace it, and a Delgrange is a good fit for both of you, they are great saddles. My sister had a PJ Pro and loved it.
    "I'm not always sarcastic. Sometimes I'm asleep."
    - Harry Dresden

Horse Isle 2: Legend of the Esrohs LifeCycle Breeding and competition MMORPG

I have one! I absolutely love mine! It's really well made, super comfy, and I like the deep seat. I got mine used for $1000 and it was definitely worth it. I've also noticed that mine fits a lot of different horses. I've say if it fits you and your horse, go for it! (But just a warning....I've had a heck of a time finding good matching stirrup leathers and I can't really ride in jeans because it leaves marks on the saddle.) Good luck!

I totally love them! I've had almost all of the high end saddles, and I think the Delgrange's are the best!!

I have ridden in one a few times and it was AWESOME. Super super comfortable. Does place your leg more forward but I would ride in on hour long trail rides and no problems. If you can find one that isn't too pricey go for it!!!

The farm house has several used ones in stock right now as well as a couple of used antares. It might be worth giving them a call. they ship anywhere. =) and there sales reps really know there stuff. =)

www.farmhousetack.com 864-457-3557
    If your not being a good example than you'll just have to be a horrible warning. =o)
    http://www.maneandtail.com
    breeders of quality tb's and welsh ponies.

I have an Original and love it to death. It was semi-custom...took 4 months to get it, but worth it. Cured a lot of riding issues I had. Fortunately, for me, it fits my gelding beautifully, although it wasn't made for him originally. I beat the crap out of it and it's really held up.

I hate my Tad Coffin, but if fits my mare, so I deal with it. My old boney fanny doesn't like riding on a block of cement.

My friend has an Antares - very nice saddle. I would definately ride in this saddle if it fit a horse I owned.

Look into the CDW (?). We had a rep out several months ago to fit a horse and I was impressed.

Lots of nice saddles out there now...

Thanks guys! Right now, the only 2 saddles that I would consider buying are either a Delgrange or an Antares. I can't decide which one I'm ready to start begging daddy for...
    I <3 my horses!

Default Delgrange

I actually switched from Delgrange to Antares - but only because my Delgrange doesn't fit my new horse. I actually bought mine in France when I was there, and got a steal on it brand new. I don't find much of a difference in fit between the two as far as my position -- it's really a matter of personal preference.

Now if I can just get up the energy to clean up my Delgrange so I can get it sold......

I have a PJ Lite that I love- it fits my horse like a dream, and is super comfortable both on the flat and over fences. I am actually planning on riding in it at a dressage show instead of my dressage saddle because I have no problem maintaining my position.
    Proudly Owned By Sierra, 2003 APHA/ PtHA Mare

Thumbs up

I have the Original PJ and I absolutely love it! I bought it new nine years ago, and it has really held up well. I am hoping that I will get lucky and that every horse I ever have will fit a PJ so that I never have to ride in anything else!
    Proud Member of Team Barbaro!!!!!

I love my original PJ. I can't wait to give birth so I can start riding in it again. I periodically go down to my basement just to pet it and stare at it longingly.

My DD rides in an original PJ that we got an awesome deal on a few years ago. DD has great position in the saddle and it fits lots of horses.

Quote Originally Posted by ~*GOJUMP*~ View Post
    Right now, the only 2 saddles that I would consider buying are either a Delgrange or an Antares. I can't decide which one I'm ready to start begging daddy for...
    There are plenty of other saddles that would fit in the same "grouping" as those two.

Personally, I do not like the PJ's I have been around (nasty balloon flaps!). My Antares is nice, but I like Devoucouxs better. Childerics, Butets, or CWDs are also similar.

I have an original PJ and I also came from a barnsby! I LOVE MY PJ! I ride a lot of horses every day and I have nothing against the butet or devoucoux or other less cushy saddles (they are what made my leg what it is today ), but the PJ makes it WAY easier to ride 6 hours a day. I also have never had any problems with it fitting. It seems comfortable on most horses backs, wide or small. My only con is that it took me a while to get used to it being a deeper seat with a higher pommel. However, I came from the days of pancake crosby saddles.