The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedMarketplaceDates & Results

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default Roll call for VA

Impressive. Penny already has the times up.
    I'll be going prelim (at the buttcrack of dawn no less)
    Who else is going to be there?

Oh Oh Oh!
    I see Gillian is out with her Sportscar babies! I'm going to make a point of watching them!

Default I'll be there!

I'll be there going Prelim.
    Jessica Bortner-Harris
    www.rockystartstables.com
    "Throw your heart over the fence and your horse will follow."

I'll be there with my non-competing CANTER horse Owen (a.k.a. Afton Mountain) letting him soak in the sights and sounds of a real horse trial. Should be interesting! (Mr. Colliemom will be competing.)
    Post your XC reviews at www.crosscountryreview.com today!
    "Sometimes I wonder whether the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on or by imbeciles who really mean it." ~ Mark Twain

Another Prelim rider here--also riding early--but I love that they have the times up so soon!

We should try to meet up somehow; I missed all the COTHers last year (except for yellowrose, who was fortuitously stabled down the aisle from me.)

It's nice that they have the x-country after dressage, then stadium the next morning. (6 hours between the first two phases in my case; plenty of time to "recover" from dressage ) I only hope it doesn't turn hot this weekend!
    "Hope is a good thing, maybe the best of things, and no good thing ever dies."

"It's supposed to be hard...the hard is what makes it great!" (Jimmy Dugan, "A League of Their Own")

Son is running the large baby horse Intermediate, and the Australian red sports car Novice - we will be up on Thursday and staying on grounds.

Default Cows will have all come home and back to pasture

Lisa dear, The cows will have all been milked and back out to pasture long before you ride!
    AND all the CCI* long formater will all have started Phase before you even start to warm-up - Buck up you don't want to miss the best part of the day!
    See you all soon.
    Penny

First time going to VAHT! Will be there on my old-baby horse in the OT and staying on grounds. SSSOOOO excited!

I am going novice and am part of a team for the junior/young rider team challenge... should be a fun weekend

I'll be there with the Fat Baby Pony going BN & grooming for my mother's babies in Novice.... woo hoo! Also, covering the long-format CCI1*, too. Should be a productive weekend.
    Cady O' Daly Farm
    Connemara Sport Horses & Field Hunters

Bright Horse Communications - PR & Marketing

I'll be there doing my guy's second novice. He did Fair Hill yesterday.

Are there seriously only five people doing the CCI* LF?
    Lindsay

Check out my blog at http://lindsayberreth.com

I'll be there supporting and helping Caroline out-she has Pixie and her new horse Patterson! Can't wait!! Plus I'll be cheering some friends on!!!!!!!!!!!!

I'll be there with my packer-pal, Charlie (aka My Own Agenda) going training. Had an awesome lesson with Emily today and am keeping my fingers crossed that I can carry all the goodness over to the show.

I am super excited about the weekend. I love this show and can't wait to see everyone, especially you people who I haven't seen since the Fall VHT.

Hubby and I will probably be starting the five long format CCI* riders out on Phase A and then will move to our show jumping steward positions for the duration of the weekend (actually starting that Friday afternoon.....) Looking forward to seeing everyone!
    stained glass groupie
    www.equiglas.com

Quote Originally Posted by Pross View Post
    Lisa dear, The cows will have all been milked and back out to pasture long before you ride!
    AND all the CCI* long formater will all have started Phase before you even start to warm-up - Buck up you don't want to miss the best part of the day!
    See you all soon.
    Penny
    I am one of those LF people, THANKS PENNY!!!! I will not have time to stew in the AM for sure, now if I will be able to sleep is another thing
    Cindy

Make any mistakes going forward!

We'll be there going prelim...and I love my times! I prefer going early in the morning, and I'm not even a morning person, but when you have to sit around all day being nervous/anxious/excited, it makes for a long day!

Good luck to everyone!

Default We'll be there

I won't be competing however. Fairweather and I will be there for the second round of The Ozzy Philosophy Award. So if y'all know anyone you want to nominate or you want to nominate yourself have at it! Penny if you feel like putting a link on your website to the Ozzy site feel free.

See Ya Then!
    ------------------------------
    Life Goes On

Hey Pegasus Mom - will the grays be with you? Come visit me. I'll be FEI stewarding (or to be PC, should I say FEI Flight Attending?)

Flutie

Colliemom -

just think...driving down to the VHT, you will pass within a few miles of the namesake of your CANTER horse - Afton Mountain - which is just a few miles off of i-81 going east from Staunton on i-64.

Hope this brings you some special luck!!!

hope to see you out on the CC course or perhaps in the dressage ring.

Rick - the perpetual volunteer - in VA

Quote Originally Posted by flutie1 View Post
    Hey Pegasus Mom - will the grays be with you? Come visit me. I'll be FEI stewarding (or to be PC, should I say FEI Flight Attending?)

Flutie
    The greys are coming up on Saturday with Mr. Pegasusmom. (pesky work schedule for him!) I'd love to catch up - we will get in Thursday around 1-ish and have a very nice schedule for the weekend.

Coffee, tea or. . . . ?