The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Mystic Valley H.T. entry status....?

Has anyone gotten an e-mail about entry status for Mystic Valley by chance, or know if we're going to? I haven't heard a thing from them and was wondering if this was normal. I get ansty when I don't hear from the organizers after the closing date, I always feel like my mail got lost!!

I hear ya, I was wondering the same? Nothing on the area 1 site yet either, maybe they only do times.

I think mystic was pretty slow on the times/entry status last year too so I wouldn't be too worried Hopefully they'll be up soon though

Just saw a post on their website-"All entries received accepted. Listed here shortly" yay

LOL well that still doesn't tell me if my mail made it or not! Here's hoping!

Ritazza- if the times aren't up in a day or 2 PM me and I will put you in contact with one of the organizers whom can likely let you know if your entry was received. My guess is your fine.

myself and veebug22 will be there volunteering! It's an awesome event at one of my favorite facilities. Wait till you see the new all weather outdoor rings, the footing is to die for and they are HUGE!

I'll be doing dressage warm up making sure everyone gets to their test on time

And from past experience, if for some reason your entry was lost, they are very accomodating. Don't fret.... you'll be there. (Me too... first of the season... uh oh)

I have been thinking the same thing! Usually we know by now and I havnt gottten any emails or seen anything on the area 1 web site yet.

Times are up! Go to their website-- http://www.mysticvalleyhuntclub.com/
    XC is 20 min after stadium.
    The only thing I don't like about that format is having stadium pics in my XC gear. Silly, I know.

me too! If it's really hot, I might just do stadium in my polo shirt and bridle number, and then just put my vest on after.

Quick question though: I got put in the BNR (senior) division but I think I'm supposed to be in open-I completed 3 novices in the last 2 years (with a different horse) which I thought made me ineligable for the Rider division (and I'm already out of Horse since my horse has done training). Not that I would rather be in the open division but will I get in trouble later on (in terms of points, qualifying for areas/AECs, etc)?

Quote Originally Posted by Crazy_Eventer View Post
    me too! If it's really hot, I might just do stadium in my polo shirt and bridle number, and then just put my vest on after.

Quick question though: I got put in the BNR (senior) division but I think I'm supposed to be in open-I completed 3 novices in the last 2 years (with a different horse) which I thought made me ineligable for the Rider division (and I'm already out of Horse since my horse has done training). Not that I would rather be in the open division but will I get in trouble later on (in terms of points, qualifying for areas/AECs, etc)?
    I would contact the event and let them know. Not because you think you will get in trouble later on, but because it is only fair to the other riders (like me! haha!).
    I will be there competing in BNR with my new horse. I've only had him for 2 months, so I'm a bit nervous, but excited also!

I'll be there...BNR Sr with my new horse. Yay! I love MVHC!
    If riding were all blue ribbons and bright lights, I would have quit long ago.
    ~George Morris
    Tufts Cummings School of Veterinary Medicine Class of 2014

Awww maaaaan, I'm trailering in, my horse needs about an hour to warm up for dressage, and I ride at 8:00am sharp, very first thing in the morning. Caca!

I always hate riding stadium in my XC gear. I feel like a dweeb!

Default Hey Ritazza

If you need to save yourself some time in the morning, I have a room and could throw one of my horses out of their stall if you wanted to come a day or night early. I organize the volunteers and we're all pretty excited about the HT's. Would be glad to help you out. We're 5 miles from MV

Thanks very much Redpony, I really appreciate it. Unfortunately for me I have to stick around the barn and do night check on Friday night, so I won't be able to take you up on your offer, but thanks a ton. I love eventing people; they're all so willing to lend a hand whenever anybody needs one

TWO THUMBS UP for everyone volunteering and working at Mystic today!! Everyone was in great spirits, totally helpful and completely supportive all day. Courses were great, especially stadium - beautiful, inviting fences. Special thanks to Sally and Alison in the Hospitality tent for their friendliness and big smiles all day, it was a blast!

Quote Originally Posted by Ritazza View Post
    TWO THUMBS UP for everyone volunteering and working at Mystic today!! Everyone was in great spirits, totally helpful and completely supportive all day. Courses were great, especially stadium - beautiful, inviting fences. Special thanks to Sally and Alison in the Hospitality tent for their friendliness and big smiles all day, it was a blast!
    I had a great time and thought it was such a beautiful venue, well run and a pleasure to ride. Thanks! Great job!

Default Hay Ritazza

I'm downloading pics taken yesterday from my cameras and our hostess took some of you at the award ceremony. Shoot me a PM and I'll send them to you. Since I was busy scribing, I gave out all my cameras and today I'm giving the pics to Sally for the website. Congratulations on finishing on your dressage score! You two look like a nice team. And thanks for the good comments, we try really hard to make it a good experience for everyone.

Had an awesome time yesterday Great first rated outing of the year for me and my horse! I loved how the crosscountry and stadium ran-challenging aspects, but still inviting to the horse. I'm definitely going back next year
    Does anyone know who the official photographer was?

Does anyone know who the photographers where? I forgot to grab a card to find out the websites?