The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Default IEA HT and TD3 are full!

yay. The IEA HT is full/over subscribed as of the close date and not accepting any late entries.

......And I'm able to get on COTH before LAZ and say we have 30 TD3 entries!

Now lets all pray for dry weather so we can finish setting the courses!!

Yay IEA!!!! I'm glad I got my entry in on time
    Proud supporter of SprotHorseRiders.com

Thumbs up

How exciting! I will be there competing my greenie in BN (if my entry made it by closing) and fantasizing that maybe someday I will be able to run the T3D.

I will be green with envy of all of the T3D riders, but looking forward to cheering on my friends that are competing in the T3D, as well getting some first hand glimpses of what it takes to run.

I hope to be there someday. Great work, go Hoosiers!

Ohio: Charter Member - COTH Hockey Clique & COTH Buffy Clique

If any of the T3D riders (or anyone else competing for that matter) want additional information announced -- stuff like recent placings, breeding information -- please email me at tleventer@gmail.com. I love announcing that kind of stuff anyway and for 3day competitors I think it makes the experience that much bigger (which imho is a GOOD thing for encouragement).
    "Of course it's hard. It's supposed to be hard. It's the Hard that makes it great."

"Get up... Get out... Get Drunk. Repeat as needed." -- Spike

Default So excited!

I'm doing the T3D!!! YAY!!!
    I did the one at South Farm (the VERY first one!) about 5 years ago on a different horse and that one was tons of fun. I'm very much looking forward to my horse's 3 day debut.
    Proud former owner of a Wee Dee Trrr
    Proud half-owner of a Picasso Pony

That is FANTASTIC!!

What are the requirements to qualify for the T3D??

Here's all you need to know about the T3DE. http://www.useventing.com/competitio...n=training3day
    I'm so glad that SmartPak has gotten on board with it too and that they are proudly printing the logo on their stuff (pink hats for the Rolex course walk and on the tote bags). We sure are lucky to have 3 running in Area XIII this year
    Last edited by FoxChaser; May. 14, 2009 at 10:33 PM. Reason: Doh... forgot to add the link!
    Proud supporter of SprotHorseRiders.com

Talking

Please if I may encourage ALL of you excited about the T3D - but not competing - LAZ NEEDS VOLUNTEERS. The very best way to learn about what you will need to do and what you can expect - by volunteering.
    Check with her for your job no matter how small - they will definitely need bodies. There are timers, fence judges, helpers in the box. Dressage peeps, stadium peeps, scribes for those and warmup people. Need Peeps at the end of A, timers at B, end of C helpers.
    And in stable area need helpers with the jogs - need scribes and an organizer to get the horses in order for the judges and vet.
    Stable manager - someone needed for that too, LAZ can't do it all! It's the BEST way to find out what it's all about. Especially with 30 riders!
    "Passion, though a bad regulator, is a powerful spring." -- Emerson
    www.eventhorse.wordpress.com

retread, I'm on it.

As for qualifications, I can't find them on the Omnibus listing. LAZ, what are they? This year organizers are setting qualification criteria; starting this December they will be uniform across T3DEs.

My computer keeps signing me off--horrible connections I suspect due to lightning strikes last night and huge rains. I'll check in tomorrow when I don't have to sit on my front porch among the gleefully biting bugs to type!

Thanks everyone for making this work, I'm so happy we've got such a strong turnout!

I'm volunteering before and during the event. I spoke to LAZ last night and she said they really need people the Tuesday prior (May 26) to flag, last minute set-up, etc. So if anyone else would like to burn a vacation day or two, come join us!
    "If ever I did not have a horse or dog in my keeping, I should feel I had lost touch with the earth." ~Beryl Markham

Quote Originally Posted by tle View Post
    If any of the T3D riders (or anyone else competing for that matter) want additional information announced -- stuff like recent placings, breeding information -- please email me at tleventer@gmail.com. I love announcing that kind of stuff anyway and for 3day competitors I think it makes the experience that much bigger (which imho is a GOOD thing for encouragement).
    When Risk-Averse Rider was the sec'y for Coconino, she had all the T3D competitors send in a song they'd want played for their victory gallop, should they win.

I was too lazy to do it last year, but it WAS a cool idea. Made it yet more special.
    ~ Horse Box Lovers Clique ~

Ohio: Charter Member - COTH Hockey Clique & COTH Buffy Clique

That's a great idea! I'm game if anyone else is. :-)
    "Of course it's hard. It's supposed to be hard. It's the Hard that makes it great."

"Get up... Get out... Get Drunk. Repeat as needed." -- Spike

AEM74 is correct--we're pretty good on volunteers for the actual HT, but could really use extra hands T/W for final set up at the Hoosier Horse Park. This is the very time consuming part of the last minute details--and the part most likley to make me get really stressed and cranky when it gets last minute!

I am way behind on my thank you's to everyone who donated money and goods and services. I will catch up with this after the event, and please be aware of how much your support has made to getting this event off the ground. Without this no show, big or small would exist and I, for one, am very aware of that and grateful.

TLE--I will see you this weekend, and I will add the victory gallop request in my letter to competitors.

BigBayTb--pfffttt.

Laz,

Thank you for your energy in organizing the TD3! You have really brought this together!! You are lots of fun to work with....and razz!!