The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Default Soon-to-be-abandoned cat needs a barn or indoor/outdoor home (MD)

A woman in my neighborhood called me the other day about a nice young girl kitty named Blue who lives on her block. Blue is an indoor/outdoor (mostly outdoor) cat, and her owners are being evicted and have said that they plan to leave Blue behind. This is really not surprising, because Blue spends almost all of her time outside the other woman's house, because she feeds her... she also got her fixed two years ago, because the owners couldn't bother to do that either.

Blue is a tame kitty, but not terribly friendly toward people she doesn't know. She is supposedly super affectionate toward her owner (isn't that a trip? the woman doesn't care her in the least, but that doesn't bother Blue a bit) but can be kind of hissy toward other people until she gets to know them. Considering the block she lives on, this is probably a good thing.

Blue will get her vaccinations updated and will be FIV/FELV tested as soon as we line up a place for her to go. I assume we have til the end of the month. She would probably be a great barn kitty (she seems to get along fine with other cats), or could be a house kitty if she was allowed to go outside.

I don't have any pictures, but will try to get some -- she is all black, and is a very petite little thing, and very talkative.

If anyone has room in their barn for an extra, Blue would very much appreciate it!

Erin is offline Schoolmaster Premium Member
    Original Poster

A little bump for Blue!

The neighbor who feeds her says Blue tried to follow her onto the bus this morning. She's quite an adventurous little cat!