The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedMarketplaceDates & Results

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Critique on my warmblood...

Hi! I am new to the forum. I had no idea where I should post this, so if it is in the wrong section I apologize.

I would love a conformation critique on my warmblood mare Tiffany. A little info on her.

Breed- Canadian warmblood

Age- Just turned 3

Height- 15.2hh

She is currently under saddle and doing very well. She has really nice floaty movement. I plan on showing her in the hunters/ eq when she is older.

http://i43.tinypic.com/sze8ok.jpg
    A horse doesn’t care if you’re rich or poor, educated or illiterate, clever or dull. Give him your heart and he will give you his.

Anyone? Please...
    A horse doesn’t care if you’re rich or poor, educated or illiterate, clever or dull. Give him your heart and he will give you his.

No critique here, but will say she's gorgeous!!!!!

often between a rock and hard place in Ky

I like her... I'm no expert on conformation but she sure is purdy Her face is very expressive
    ___._/> I don't suffer from insanity.. I enjoy every
    ____/ minute of it! Member stick horse art lovers
    ';;;;;;; clique
    //__\\<-- Don't feed the llama!

Congratulations, she is absolutely gorgeous. You should be very proud of her.

Thank you guys!!! I love her, she has been the most amazing horse ever, and she does not act her age at all, she acts like she's 20.

She looks very sweet and very well groomed!!

Nice mare... no glaring flaws... nicely put together and smooth bodied I bet she is really stretchy and fun to ride.

\"For all those men who say, \"Why buy the cow when you can get the milk for free,\" here\'s an update for you: Nowadays 80% of women are against marriage. Why? Because women realize it\'s not worth buying an entire pig just to get a little sausage.\"-

Thanks! I can't take credit for her grooming, this was the picture the owner sent to us before she was imported from Canada.

And she is a blast to ride, she is really smooth and adjustable.

Gorgeous! Please keep us updated with new pics as she continues her education and starts showing.

post legged and a slightly long pastern. neck set hard to determine because she has that "about to snort at the boogy man" thing going on, but i'd guess that her neck set when relaxed is actually quite nice. Her shoulder is deceiving. at first glance it looked upright, but i think it's actually quite the contrary, and she does have some nice open angles in there. she'll probably be a fine mount for hunters.
    www.destinationconsensusequus.com
    chaque pas est fait ensemble

I won't hazard any critique, but what an adorable girl!

ETA - scratch that! You'd be best to unload her as soon as you can, and I just happen to have a space for her
    A proud friend of bar.ka.

OMG she is just horrible. There is no way she can jump She will break down so fast. I think you need to send her to me for dressage J/K she is lovely.
    Horses aren't our whole life, but makes our life whole

Keep in mind there is no perfect horse. You asked for a critique so please don't get offended if I do just that.

The only major fault that really jumps out at me is that she is built down hill. Her knees are lower than her hocks and that can make it very hard for her to come under herself at the base of a fence. On the flat, these horses have trouble collecting their stride and need to be more fit than a horse that does not have this type of conformation.

I'm also not crazy about her shoulder and she appears to be back at the knee. She also looks a little weak through the croup. I might want a little shorter pastern, but they are not offensive.

Other than that, she's pretty cute. I really like her head and she has a nice look to her.

You may want to post this thread in the Breeding Forum, as breeders tend to be very picky about conformation.
    Boarding for Show, Pleasure, and Retirement horses. www.LockeMeadows.com

Quote Originally Posted by LockeMeadows View Post
    Keep in mind there is no perfect horse. You asked for a critique so please don't get offended if I do just that.

The only major fault that really jumps out at me is that she is built down hill. Her knees are lower than her hocks and that can make it very hard for her to come under herself at the base of a fence. On the flat, these horses have trouble collecting their stride and need to be more fit than a horse that does not have this type of conformation.

I'm also not crazy about her shoulder and she appears to be back at the knee. She also looks a little weak through the croup. I might want a little shorter pastern, but they are not offensive.

Other than that, she's pretty cute. I really like her head and she has a nice look to her.

You may want to post this thread in the Breeding Forum, as breeders tend to be very picky about conformation.
    Okay! Thank you so much for the critique, I really appreciate it.

She's lovely! I won't critique since I'm not a confo expert, especially in a non"posed for confo" photo...lol...

LOVE the expression!

I'm not a confo expert, so I won't go into more than to say not to get to worried about her being slightly downhill as was pointed out at this moment. My rising 4yo went through a phase at 3 1/2 that was truly horrifying (so downhill she just looked uncomfortable standing there. We didn't even think about asking her to work until she got through it), but she grew out of it pretty quickly.
    "Adulthood? You're playing with ponies. That is, like, every 9 year old girl's dream. Adulthood?? You're rocking the HELL out of grade 6, girl."

Her feet look a bit small to be, compared to the rest of her.

I don't know anything about warmbloods so that's where my helpfulness ends.
    Tell a Gelding. Ask a Stallion. Discuss it with a Mare... Pray if it's a Pony!

She's gorgeous!
    She could be a little calf-kneed or it could be how she's standing. . . I think she's pretty nice!

Aren't the hocks always higher than the knees??

Is there anything puffy in her front fetlocks (esp the left) or is it just the photo?

Thanks for sharing, she's sooo pretty! Have fun w/her! And yes, let's see more photos as time goes on!

its definately not the best picture to judge by. she could be set-up better. Im guessing shes a canadian Warmblood? WH]hats her breeding?

He rmajor fault is that she is built downhill. Seeing this in a youngster is common as they are struggling to keep the front end growing with the rear end. She might grow taller in the front end but it certaintly isnt set-in-stone.

Her front pasterns are a tad long but nothing that startles me. She is also a tad long in her back and lacks definition in her hindquarters. for a hunter, i like to see power from the hind end, that means the croup should be sloped. I dont see much of a slanting croup in this stance.

Since she is young im not going to butcher it completely but she has a bit of a skinny neck and her head looks as though it could be quite larger in comparison to her body, but that could just be my bad judgement from and angle like this.

Her shoulder is a tad upright but it still has a lovely angle to it and im sure she has quite the reach. For th ehunters, her neck set seems really high. When you look at her withers and how her neck blends with her wither, especially in this picture, it just shows me that she is built upright through her neck and head set and probably not the most desireable trait in the hunters.

Her hind pasters seem a little bit on the posty side and upright.

She is a lovely mare though. Could you get a better conformation shot?>