The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default Rohdiamant Mare- Dressage Stallion needed

I am hoping for some ideas, I just can't make a decision, and I'm not usually one posting this sort of thing.

Mare details:
    She is Oldenburg
    16.2 Hands, not old fashioned, but not modern. Good bone and body. IMO she needs to be more compact with a stronger back and loin connection. Temperament is excellent, she is very sane. Legs are correct. Movement is flatter, preference would be for good hindend engagement, and more activity/expression overall.
    Pedigree: Rohdiamant- Akzent II - Traumdeuter, so no R lines please.
    Last foal was in 08, from frozen, so I think she's a candidate for either fresh or frozen. My luck with frozen sucks, but its not out of the question.
    Open to all registries.

Public and private suggestions welcomed, I need to decide soon!!
    Thank you!
    Last edited by sixpoundfarm; May. 7, 2009 at 11:41 AM.

Tantris?

http://www.turningpointfarm.net/Tantris.htm

He is very compact.

If you want to go in a totally different direction, you could also consider Noble Champion.

http://horsesunlimited.us/Stallion.asp

He has some get that are dressage horses now. Quite spectacular.
    Last edited by Eclectic Horseman; May. 7, 2009 at 12:13 PM.
    "Against stupidity the gods themselves contend in vain" ~Friedrich Schiller

Pablo. I had a Pablo colt in '06 that had a super loin connection, great bone and shortened up the mare a tad. He doesn't throw knee action but tons of suspension. Great jump to the canter too! AND Edgar is super to work with

My family and I own a Rohdiamont-Akzent II-Wenzel I mare (so similar breeding to your girl!) and two years ago she had an absolutely fabulous Don Frederico foal. The colt has an amazing walk, trot, and canter and his temperment is to DIE for

The inspectors at his foal inspection had nothing bad to say about him at all, and said that he was a definite improvement over the mare, and I agree!

Good luck in your search!

Wow, love the bloodlines!!! Super.

I would definately try to line bred on the Akzent.

I agree if you want better hind end and shoulder freedom, Don Frederico would be a good choice. We are going to use him on our Rosentau x double A line mare.
    De Niro would be interesting too with the Akzent there, but then with D lines you are probably not going to get a compact horse.

Something from the Quattro line would be neet, lots of movement, short coupled dual purpose horses. Quarterline looks interesting, plus he himself is linebred in Akzent. He is a new one though so not so sure if that interests you. Quaterback may be suitable as well, for what you are wanting.
    http://www.hengststation-boeckmann.d...at=7&idart=116
    www.svhanoverians.com

"Simple: Breeding,Training, Riding". Wolfram Wittig.

Dampezzo in Canada is by Don Frederico.
    Dam line is Lauries Crusador xx /Weltmeyer.

He has two crosses to Absatz in the bottom line.

I don't know at one point more Absatz could be a problem.

I have a De Laurentis filly with four crosses to the A line in back.

I do like Dampezzo's pedigree, tho. Owner is going to a show this weekend and trying for new video.

Some great ideas, thank you! Quarterline looks really interesting! Great mareline there!

Tantris also is interesting, would be doubling on the Traumdeuter and the A line. I did get to see him in person, and really liked him. Hmm.

Any thoughts on using a S line? Stedinger was one that came to mind.

Here is a link to a photo of her.
    http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?pi...&id=1386800520

She's had a couple D line foals, and her full sister produced Deveraux (2007 BuCha winner) when bred to De Niro, so I was definitely looking into De Niro and sons.
    De Luxe is a De Niro son with the A in the damline as well, but I"m not sure if I'd get a very substantial foal from the breeding.

I also like DeLux. His A-line is Andiamo, who produces large. Keep us posted. Peg
    Fleur de Lis Hanoverians

Dauphin if you are willing to use frozen.........his foals are stunning.

Soprano.
    Holly
    www.ironhorsefrm.com
    Oldenburg foals and young prospects
    LIKE us on Facebook!

What about Starlight? He is very lovely in person (saw him win GC at DAD) and has Argentinus on the damline (to compliment the Akzent II). He is knocking on GP right now at 8 or 9 years old and has been competing very well at PSG and I-1.

I was really excited about breeding to him, but lost my foal.

He is very uphill built and the foals I have seen so far are on the more refined side (although he is a more substantial Sandro Hit son than many SH sons)

Edgewood, YES! That is an excellent suggestion!
    www.svhanoverians.com

"Simple: Breeding,Training, Riding". Wolfram Wittig.

Hi Kris,
    My Starlight filly is, as you described, very uphill - and though I would not call her "refined" (mare is big-boned), she is lighter than a Landkonig the same mare delivered a few years ago (very large!! but a really honey).
    Great temperament on the foal, tall, extremely athletic and wonderful angles / conformation (conformation a definite improvement on the mare). Though never advertised "For Sale", she went quickly to a determined buyer who saw upper-level potential. Here she is, at 2 weeks, torn between the desire to graze - and the need to "move". http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T62qpOhK0cc

Quote Originally Posted by Sunnydays View Post
    Hi Kris,
    My Starlight filly is, as you described, very uphill - and though I would not call her "refined" (mare is big-boned), she is lighter than a Landkonig the same mare delivered a few years ago (very large!! but a really honey).
    Great temperament on the foal, tall, extremely athletic and wonderful angles / conformation (conformation a definite improvement on the mare). Though never advertised "For Sale", she went quickly to a determined buyer who saw upper-level potential. Here she is, at 2 weeks, torn between the desire to graze - and the need to "move". http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T62qpOhK0cc
    Love the new video Kathleen. She is just super (and now I am sad again as I have to wait on my mare who lost her Starlight. She may not be breedable this year (anovulatory follicle and uterine infection).

I guess I should have clarified what I meant by refined. Since Starlight is much larger bodied than many SH sons, you and I had a discussion about "how" he would throw offspring (ie, more like Cordeur/Argentinus vs SH). I still think that based on your filly and others, the SH side comes through and they are not as big and "old-type" like Cordeur and Argentinus. I guess that is what I meant - more modern than stallions in the damline of Starlight.

Quote Originally Posted by horsechica58 View Post
    My family and I own a Rohdiamont-Akzent II-Wenzel I mare (so similar breeding to your girl!) and two years ago she had an absolutely fabulous Don Frederico foal. The colt has an amazing walk, trot, and canter and his temperment is to DIE for

The inspectors at his foal inspection had nothing bad to say about him at all, and said that he was a definite improvement over the mare, and I agree!

Good luck in your search!

Darn, I read Tracy post and that you sold that mare!! You were about to get a very dirty message via email for not telling me you sold her!!! LOL
    www.spindletopfarm.net
    Home of Puerto D'Azur - 1998 NA 100 Day Test Champion
    "Charcter is much easier kept than recovered"

Quote Originally Posted by Edgewood View Post
    What about Starlight? He is very lovely in person (saw him win GC at DAD) and has Argentinus on the damline (to compliment the Akzent II). He is knocking on GP right now at 8 or 9 years old and has been competing very well at PSG and I-1.

I was really excited about breeding to him, but lost my foal.

He is very uphill built and the foals I have seen so far are on the more refined side (although he is a more substantial Sandro Hit son than many SH sons)

She may need to talk to Rick. Last I talked to him, Starlight was mostly going to be offered frozen. Maybe fresh if the compeition schedule fit in, depending. Just FYI. LOVE Rick btw! Super easy to deal with!
    www.spindletopfarm.net

Ideas for Tracey -

Sangol
    Starlight
    Schroder
    Don Principe
    Contucci

And I know not a lot of ppl talk about him much, but I love the recently video of Where Waldo (Waterford x Warkant x Wether) that is on youtube. He really matured into a nice boy!

If you venture into frozen, talk to Linda Woltz about her boy too.
    www.spindletopfarm.net

I agree with LaNet on Where's Waldo.

Despite the choice of name, the stallion looks very impressive. Would be interesting to see what he is producing.

The pics they have of him up, do not do him justice.
    The video online I found on youtube was much more impressive than his pics online.
    www.spindletopfarm.net

Quote Originally Posted by STF View Post
    Ideas for Tracey -

Sangol
    Starlight
    Schroder
    Don Principe
    Contucci

And I know not a lot of ppl talk about him much, but I love the recently video of Where Waldo (Waterford x Warkant x Wether) that is on youtube. He really matured into a nice boy!

If you venture into frozen, talk to Linda Woltz about her boy too.

Some of those stallions you mentioned are a bit long-backed themselves, so probably not an ideal choice for a mare that needs to be more compact. Also, with the Sandro Hit line, you run the risk of not getting a super hindleg for engagement. What about Wolkentanz II for this mare?