The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Default Jumper, Old but Sound, Needs Job, Ocala FL

I have a 17/18 year old gelding that is sound, needs nothing major as far as upkeep that really needs a job. He came to us as part of a package deal and is a real sweet heart. He is a been there done that kinda guy. He can easily do the Level 1 & 2 and probably even 3s with the appropriate maintenance. He was last shown in Atlanta Summer and had 12 clear rounds in a row. He takes no prep to go to the ring. I am looking for someone within a relatively close area to take him and use him. His rider is leaving for college and he doesn't need to just hang out and get out of shape. He could possibly go farther away with impeccable references. I would want him returned to me if/when his leasee is finished with him, he will always have a home here.
    He is 16h, bay. He is not anything special to look at (has a slight sway back) but you can't tell when he is tacked up, but he can jump and he is fast! Email for some pictures and links to show proofs.
    I will be very particular as to where this horse goes so if you are interested please be prepared to give me references.
    Last edited by Spotted Pony; Mar. 10, 2009 at 09:48 PM. Reason: add note for pics

Default Still needs a rider.

Don had a potenial leasee but her situation changed so he still needs someone that will give him some love and exercise. This guy is the real thing - email for pictures!
    Last edited by Spotted Pony; Apr. 7, 2009 at 04:53 PM. Reason: typo

Have you thought about donating him to a college? I know many schools are always looking for sound older teacher type horses. And I know a few that take marvelous care of their horses...

i tried to email you and it kicked back -

I have a friend who is a trainer/judge in Williston that has a client who is a 60 year old man - novice rider who is looking for a horse, his horse is currently lame. He needs a pretty quiet packer- just learning to jump. Do you think he would work for that? If so could you send photos? narismom@hotmail.com

Thanks - Lesley

Default Still looking for right situation

Bump back to page one.

Default Don has found a home.

Thanks for all the inquiries. Don has found a home with a student of a trainer that is very familiar with him. He will be ridden , loved and fed carrots!