Cool Adopt me & give me a cuter name -"Gypsy" the QH - Maryland - $0

Hi, my name is Gypsy. I am a Quarterhorse, about 15.3hh tall.

I'm not sure I look like a "gypsy". I need someone to adopt me and give me a new name. What do I look like to you?

I am being sheltered by a rescue group called Equihab. They say you can adopt me now for no adoption fee, but you have to promise never to take me to auction, dealer, or slaughter.

I am friendly, easy to catch, and easy to handle. I haven't had any health problems, though when I first arrived they said I had Lymes and I had to eat yucky pills every day for many many weeks. I'm healthy as a horse!

I don't eat much, and I'm happy with a pretty much all-hay diet.

I'm current on coggins and shots. I heard there's even one nice lady who will even deliver me to your farm at no charge to you, if you live nearby.

I'm a really good boy. The only reason I don't have a home is because someone rode me really hard a long time ago, and now I have one knee that looks bigger than the other. I'd be an awesome companion for your other horse, or I might be ok for lighter riding.

Please email the Equihab folks and ask to see me!

horses@equihab.com
    443-466-4087
    North East, Maryland 21901

Default still homeless

Gypsy is STILL AVAILABLE.

Would anyone be interested in a trial, lease, or other short-term type situation?

We do consider people outside of Maryland. VA, PA, DE, and surrounding areas are ok.

I would consider taking him on; starting more or less as a short term situation/foster and possibly making it permanent. We only do light trails once in a blue moon. I enjoy taking in the horses who really need a home. I'll also send an email.
    R.I.P. Barbaro
    Good luck Nicanor & Lentenor !

He is a nice guy, IMO. I think when you meet him, you'll like him alot.

I'll personally deliver him to you, if you're interested and it works out. Lewes is a nice area, and I'll have to sneak off and go to the beach when I am down there.

By the way, I just realized i didn't post a vet update. We had a vet do a full lameness evaluation. The vet noted some issues in flexing both front knees (as in: range of movement is not full). When asked to move for her in the roundpen, he moved forward without hesitation. He should be fine for lighter use. Perhaps a different trim style or the addition of shoes will help him with better breakover. He just needs to go to someone who knows not to overwork him. I am happy to share the vet's notes...just ask.

I'm in the process of sending you a link to our webshots, let me know what you think of the farm. One file is uploading rite now then I can send it to you. If you could bring him to us, that would help out sooooo much. I just want to make sure he fits in with the herd, though I'm sure it'll end up a very permanent situation. I'll be around through the weekend ...
    R.I.P. Barbaro

http://community.webshots.com/user/sibelover

I was trying to put in Cassie's new photos but everything is going snail pace tonight. I'm so excited about her progress and I can't even show it I'm going to sign off for the night most likely, but I'll check my mail in the morning. PM coming now with my cell # if you'd like to give me a call tomorrow to chat.
    R.I.P. Barbaro

Default Does Gypsy have a new home?

Equihab does such good work for the horses in this area, I'm keeping my fingers crossed that Gypsy has a new home, any updates?

I haven't heard anything yet. Will update when I do ...
    R.I.P. Barbaro