The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Question Which are the best online sales sites for hunters or jumpers??

It has been so long since I have attempted to sell a hunter/jumper horse that I really don't know which are the best online sales websites to list a horse for sale. Anyone have suggestions on good sites??? Or at least online sites that have been successful in finding buyers???
    I've wondered if warmbloods-for-sale is better for dressage horses and not so good for hunters, what do think?? Any success selling from online sales sites???
    I'd sure like to get this one guy moved so I can go ahead and breed my other two mares.
    http://www.talloaksfarm.net ---"Success is not final, failure is not fatal; it is the courage to continue that counts." --- Winston Churchill

Dreamhorse
    BigEq
    The Exchange

I've gotten a lot of responses from DreamHorse.com. Equine.com comes in with a few. I know some people use AGDirect.com. I'm in California so I don't know if people search different sites in different areas.
    HorseStableReview.com - Tell others what you know! Post your barn or review today.

hunterrider09 Guest

I also like warmbloods-for-sale.com. Usually lots of nice horses!

Warmbloods for sale usually has nice horses- I have seen many that were not dressage, but also many "sport prospects".

Not a TON of fancy hunters, but they do have them.

Edit: Most of the Hunters on there appear to be Trakehners...so maybe not
    Last edited by Pirateer; May. 5, 2009 at 08:09 PM.
    Seig Heil Polo Shirt!

Quote Originally Posted by JOBEAN View Post

Doesn't diane crump handle horses in the VA area only?? My horse is in NJ just outside NYC.
    http://www.talloaksfarm.net ---"Success is not final, failure is not fatal; it is the courage to continue that counts." --- Winston Churchill

Talloaks,
    Does your trainer have a sales barn?

That exchange ... web site looks really interesting for quality HJ horses.

Quote Originally Posted by Oakstable View Post
    Talloaks,
    Does your trainer have a sales barn?

That exchange ... web site looks really interesting for quality HJ horses.

Hi Oakstable,
    My trainer is working out of her sister's private barn so that leaves me to do the advertising etc which is rather difficult when I am in VA and the horse is in NJ!! Sigh! I need more photos than what I have but my hubby just had surgery on Monday so we are stuck here for recup period so can't drive up to play photographer!! Besides I am lousey at timing over jumps. Anyone have any clues as to how to get the horse at the "right moment"?? All help needed!!

Best Advice, move your horse to a barn where they can do this for you. If your trainer does not have the time or inclination to sell, then find someone who does. There are plenty in NJ, well known large, and not so large. Not all trainers are inclined towards selling.

I have had a lot of luck with equine.com for selling my hunters or eq horses. Dreamhorse also generated a lot of responses. I know a friend of mine uses horsetopia.com and she seems to get horses moved pretty quickly.

You guys have been super great in suggesting sales sites which I never knew existed!!! Some of these are really great. I am waiting on some photos from a show but maybe will just start putting out ads with my one 'studio" photo which was done just for fun. But I like it as different as it may be.
    I am amazed at all the possible site so please keep them coming and I will start listing my horse.

Thanks for all of your help, everyone, it has been great!!