The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Quote Originally Posted by Czar View Post
    ... when I have my own barn I will have matching everything - sheets, halters, polos, tack & even feed buckets! I've even considered owning only chestnuts with white! I also have a huge tupperware fetish & label EVERYTHING so it's really not a stretch for me.
    Thanks for the warning.

Quote Originally Posted by Czar View Post
    I guess I'm the odd one out...I wouldn't mind that at all. I've always said when I have my own barn I will have matching everything - sheets, halters, polos, tack & even feed buckets! I've even considered owning only chestnuts with white! I also have a huge tupperware fetish & label EVERYTHING so it's really not a stretch for me.
    I have my own place and did try the everything matching thing. It was a curse. Sooo hard to remember which was whos feed bowl, boots, underpad, halter, sheet etc etc. Now I am happily eclectic and have multi-coloured everything. It also means I don't have to turn down hand me downs because they are the wrong colour!

Quote Originally Posted by phoebetrainer View Post
    I have my own place and did try the everything matching thing. It was a curse. Sooo hard to remember which was whos feed bowl, boots, underpad, halter, sheet etc etc. Now I am happily eclectic and have multi-coloured everything. It also means I don't have to turn down hand me downs because they are the wrong colour!
    I waver between having everything the same matching but with each horse's name stamped on it, or having everything for each horse in a different colour (ie Snowy has all red, Misty has all blue, etc) and with the barn name stamped on it. Maybe I'll have everything matching and with the barn's name and the horse's name stamped on it.

My first thought was also Stepford... I'm 25.
    Founder, Higher Standards Leather Care Addicts Anonymous
    Capitalization is the difference between helping your Uncle Jack off a horse and helping your uncle jack off a horse.

I had a lovely ride at 7:30 am this morning, no one was around. The stepford Galloping Housewives all seem to ride after work or on the weekend.

They even use the same farrier, vet and chiro! All different to the Trainers

Quote Originally Posted by pattnic View Post
    My first thought was also Stepford... I'm 25.
    I'm 20..almost 21...and I got the Stepford reference also
    Michigan State University College of Veterinary Medicine - Class of 2014

Chance Encounter
    RIP Tall Tales

Its still bugs me when I walk into the tack room, with everything matching...

Is it normal to have a full length mirror in the tackroom by the door?
    Is this why everyone looks Dressage Queen perfect?

I try to avoid looking at it personally, I don't like seeing my hat hair/slobbered on shirts or marked breeches!

Back to Normal.. or as close as I'll ever get

I think it is very kind of the OP to have provided gossip fodder for the Galloping Housewives.

Now wait until the rumors about you & the Cowboy get started....
    *friend of bar.ka*RIP all my lovely boys, gone too soon:
    Steppin' Out 1988-2004
    Hey Vern! 1982-2009
    Cash's Bay Threat 1994-2009

Haha... The Lone Rangers!

And for those of you worrying that the Stepford Riders ages you -- don't worry too much -- I'm 22 and know the reference.... thanks to a remake =]
    TIMBERRIDGE SPORTHORSES:
    www.timberridgesporthorses.com
    --> Just Press Start // '99 Oldenburg
    --> Always The Optimist (reg. Simply Stylin) // '02 Thoroughbred

I was just going to comment that they did indeed remake that movie not 5 years ago...it's no longer an aging reference.

Quote Originally Posted by hollyhorse2000 View Post
    Stepford riders . . . or is that too old of a reference??? :-)
    Oh dear - I would have nightmares being in that barn

The stepford Galloping Housewives all seem to ride after work or on the weekend.
    Wait, they work? None of the Stepford DQs I've met ever did.

Quote Originally Posted by EponaRoan View Post
    I was going to say Cylons!
    As DQs, they must all be Sixes (tall, thin, blond, bitchy, somewhat evil). Maybe they do their freestyles to the creepy Six theme music.

In all seriousness, I remember the same thing from my western/4H days. One trainer had all her students using the same bit, whether the horse needed a long shank correction port or not. Another had her kids look at the judge every 3 steps during the halter/showmanship classes, like the judge was going to suddenly teleport elsewhere. And how can I forget the patented "Ow-ow" cheer one local BNT barn used after their kids' runs to let everyone, including the judge, know who rides with royalty and who's a mere peasant

I had no use for that BS when I was in high school (kinda explains my profound lack of social popularity) and even less use for it 10 years later.
    BES
    Proudly owned by 2 chestnut mares
    Crayola Posse: sea green
    Mighty Rehabbers Clique

As DQs, they must all be Sixes (tall, thin, blond, bitchy, somewhat evil). Maybe they do their freestyles to the creepy Six theme music.
    And the Ellen(s) would be the trainer of them all and have affairs with everyone's husband while tipsy!

Eights would be flighty and prone to following whatever new age trainer was in vogue and when they'd get angry with said trainer, they'd stalk them and slash their tires. I think they'd be more likely to be Hunter Princesses than DQs though.
    Delicious strawberry flavored death!

Quote Originally Posted by EponaRoan View Post
    Eights would be flighty and prone to following whatever new age trainer was in vogue and when they'd get angry with said trainer, they'd stalk them and slash their tires. I think they'd be more likely to be Hunter Princesses than DQs though.
    HP's are totally more likely to be the tire-slashers. Especially if its a college boarder barn

Default laughing

can i just say...i love the references to star trek and battlestar galactica on this post! happy to know there are fellow nerds out there in horsey land

I just keep pictureing Shannen Doherty, Winona Ryder et. al. with the croquet mallets...

Stepford Alter Guest

Trust me. They don't look like Winona!
    They are all mostly slender and a bit weird and over the age of 48+

They all use the same $290 bit. I am practically shunned whenever I bring out the hackamore that my mare loves for hacking out the bridle paths on.

I have had two of them offer to let me try their "wonder bit" many times.

I just smile and say it's what trainer wants used on her mare.
    Went for a hack with cowboy last week, Last weekend he let me relive my youth showing qh's and let me have a spin and a sliding stop on his QH.

Should have seen Stepford #1's face!
    I'm sure they be talking.

Someones gotta give em something to do.
    I have to admit I get a secret pleasure with my pink argyle cooler, pink saddleblanket and pink argyle polo's whilst they are all beige and black!

Just find their remotes, and you'll have a real fun time with em!

(Yup, 'nother Stepford reference. )
    Tell a Gelding. Ask a Stallion. Discuss it with a Mare... Pray if it's a Pony!