The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Default Adorable kitty family -- 3 adult sisters -- looking for home(s), Baltimore MD

I can't quite decide on names for these three, but for right now, they're Hope, Faith, and Charity. They are three adult sisters who were tossed out, along with their mom (who has disappeared) when they were kittens. They are probably about a year old, and have always been together and are TOTALLY devoted to each other. I know it's a long shot, but I would love to find them all a home together... or at least two of them. They are so cuddly with each other and are always sleeping on top of each other, it's the cutest thing I've ever seen!

Faith is the brown tabby with white, Hope is the black/white tuxedo, and Charity is the brown tabby. The three of them had been living in an abandoned house and were being fed by a teenage neighbor. I just happened to walk by with the dog while she was feeding one day -- it's just around the corner from my house -- and I told her I'd get the cats trapped and fixed.

I wasn't sure at first if they were friendly, although they were VERY talkative, meowing back and forth to each other when they were all in their separate traps. After I got them fixed, I put them in separate crates. Faith immediately had this look of relief, as she climbed into her little sheepskin bed and started kneading away, like "Now THIS is where I belong!" The other two were a little more frightened at first, but they were all obviously friendly. Hope and Charity were in crates right next to each other, and kept trying to reach for each other through the bars of their crate, so I eventually moved them into a crate together. They immediately curled up together in one tiny bed and started purring like mad. I eventually let all three of them out of the crate, and they're now happily roaming my basement, chatting up a storm and mobbing me whenever I go down there.

Faith LOVES to be in your lap, and worms her way in there at every opportunity. The other two are lap kitties also, if they can get Faith out of the way. They can be a little skittish still, since they were living on their own so long, but are really just darling cats who are extremely affectionate. They're spayed, current on vaccinations, negative for FELV/FIV, have been dewormed and Frontlined, etc.

I keep trying to decide which two really need to stay together, but they really don't show a preference. I know from experience how hard it is to adopt two cats out together, much less three, but if anyone is looking to start a little kitty family, three is really not much more trouble than two... and at least you know they all get along!

I would be happy to deliver them anywhere within reasonable driving distance of Baltimore. (And even if it's unreasonable, I'm sure something can be worked out. )
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_1596.jpg 
Views:	87 
Size:	56.3 KB 
ID:	24889   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_1601.jpg 
Views:	80 
Size:	53.5 KB 
ID:	24890   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_1623.jpg 
Views:	93 
Size:	61.0 KB 
ID:	24891   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_1682.jpg 
Views:	130 
Size:	52.0 KB 
ID:	24892   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_1701.jpg 
Views:	96 
Size:	41.3 KB 
ID:	24893  

Erin is offline Schoolmaster Premium Member
    Original Poster

Giving the three amigas a little bump. They are just adorably sweet, charming little kitties, and I KNOW whoever gets any of them (or all of them ) will totally fall in love with them!

Hi Erin,
    Wish I could take all 3! But we have 4 dogs that would want to play with them 24/7. We also have coyotes so I wouldn't want to have them as barn kitties.
    Sigh. They are gorgeous girls.
    Carol

Original Poster

Another little bump... these guys are SO cute. I had two of them in my lap yesterday, and the third squished up against me (as close as she could get to being in my lap), and it was just a big purring puddle of kitty happiness. It's totally impossible to be in a bad mood with these guys around! I don't think I have ever met such a happy bunch of felines.

Original Poster

Giving these girls a bump again. They are sooooo loving, and everyone who has met them adores them. I'm going to try to get video of them, because their ridiculousness must truly be seen to be appreciated!

Assuming you would separate them, I might be interested in one (Faith?). I've already got a cat and up until recently she had a buddy in either my dog (who had to be PTS a few months ago) or my roommate's cat (who just moved out the other weekend). She doesn't seem too upset about being by herself when I'm not home now, but I'm pretty sure she'd like to have kitty-company.

Original Poster

I'd really like to keep these guys together, but I have a couple other fosters who are looking for homes. I'll send you a PM.

Original Poster

Giving these girls another bump. I've been procrastinating on really "marketing" them because adoptions have seemed kind of slow this summer, but they really need to find themselves a home. They're getting very bored living in my basement (which is the "foster kitty zone") and keep breaking out to come upstairs and hang out with the rest of the family!

Faith and Charity are both in love with my black lab. They never showed any concern about her whatsoever (which makes me wonder how they survived on the streets for so long!). Hope is the skittish/wary one of the three -- she's a bit afraid of strangers, but once she gets to know you, is quite friendly, although she does not like to be picked up much. Faith and Charity, however, will fight over your lap.

Everyone who has met these three just thinks they're a riot -- they're like their own little comedy troupe! I've been trying to get video of them because they truly have to be seen to be appreciated, with their funny little chorus of chirps and trills, and the games of footsie with each other, and the fact that Faith and Charity spend so much time rubbing on each other they look like they're siamese twins. They are endlessly entertaining.

They could probably be barn cats as well, but it would need to be a not-terribly-busy barn because I think they are such attention-seekers that they would spend a lot of time underfoot. So you'd have to be careful about where you (and your horses) step! But they're very happy with indoor life... and have gotten pretty porky since moving into their new cushy accommodations.

Hopefully I'll have video to add shortly, and I wanted to add some new photos, but my photo program is misbehaving, so just the one for now... Faith and Charity showing how much they luuuuuuurve each other.

ETA: finally got the other photos to work.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_2176.jpg 
Views:	65 
Size:	52.8 KB 
ID:	26329   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_2202.jpg 
Views:	46 
Size:	37.7 KB 
ID:	26334   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_2193.jpg 
Views:	42 
Size:	26.6 KB 
ID:	26335   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_2185.jpg 
Views:	42 
Size:	67.3 KB 
ID:	26336  
    Last edited by Erin; Aug. 21, 2009 at 01:04 PM.