The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Arrow Aunt Esther on the Western Persuasion

Aunt Esther, national and international Purse Champion, has forever been a devotee of almost all things equine.

Last year Aunt Esther spent several weeks in Texas learning how to ride Working Cowhorse and Cutting with her sister Aunt Edith. You may remember Aunt Edith, she wears Shapely breeches and is on continuous troll for a new man.

Aunt Esther had already learned reining, and points out that Anky only started this because Sjef was, as always, compelled to make Anky better than Aunt Esther.

Aunt Esther only learns from the top professionals, hence going to Texas, a place which she would otherwise never go to in her wildest dreams. Aunt Esther found the people to be delightful, but was mortified at the amount of Aqua-Net holding up the big hair sported by so many Texas ladies.

Aunt Esther prefers Lucchese boots and Blue Ribbon custom saddles. She uses PRO pads.

While in Texas, Aunt Esther enjoyed a torrid affair with tall, strapping Texas cowboy hunk who taught her the true meaning of Western Pleasure. Aunt Esther now looks forward to a trip to the Congress.

Sounds like one heck of a trip!
    Horse Show Names Free name website with over 6200 names. Want to add? PM me!

Now wait a minute...we need the story on the true meaning of western pleasure!

Methinks Aunt Esther needs those Lucchese boots. Most definitely.

And I've heard rumors that somewhere out there are some fantabulous custom full chaps that would make a fashionista swoon.
    You jump in the saddle,
    Hold onto the bridle!
    Jump in the line!
    ...Belefonte

Aunt Esther is my hero.

tall, strapping Texas cowboy hunk who taught her the true meaning of Western Pleasure
    Delicious strawberry flavored death!

Default Aunt Esther responds

Aunt Esther, national and international Purse Champion, was relaxing after her first day at the Big Texas Ranch. She could not help but notice that in a far corral, a tall and virle cowboy was working with a lovely mare. in what looked like something one would see in the AQHA shows. Aunt Esther, who had previously only made scathing comments regarding Peanut Rolling and Troping, sauntered over and asked the aforementioned cowboy if she might be able to watch him at work.

Aunt Esther, delighted that he replied in the affirmative, spent the next hour admiring the pair at work. Aunt Esther asked if perhaps the cowboy would teach her more about the discipline.

Aunt Esther is please to report that he did.

I love reading your posts. Haven't seen them in awhile. I agree with MistyBlue we need more details - please share.

Lucky Aunt Esther and Lucky Mrs. 5C. (Well, Aunt Esther doesn't need luck in the male companionship department - I bet she had that cowboy swooning within 5 minutes )

And Mrs. 5C - photos would always be appreciated in a fashion thread!
    www.moranequinephoto.com
    "If I am fool, it is, at least, a doubting one; and I envy no one the certainty of his self-approved wisdom."
    Byron

Aunt Esther had already learned reining, and points out that Anky only started this because Sjef was, as always, compelled to make Anky better than Aunt Esther.

What is Aunt Esther's valued opinion on silver belt buckles? Do she feel as the Texans do, "Go big or go home"? Or should I get a small, yet tasteful one? If I do go big, will that be one step closer to buying stock in Aqua-Net?

Quote Originally Posted by Aunt Esther View Post
    Aunt Esther prefers Lucchese boots...
    Hot damn! I picked up a pair while lunching in Billings recently on a little vacation. Could Aunt Esther recommend an appropriate purse to go with my lovely brown Lucchese boots? And could someone clue me in on how to say "Lucchese?"

The big silver buckles are useful as stomach protectors during sliding stops when you are just learning.

If Aunt Esther makes a trip to the Ohio QH Congress, she is going to need physical restraint in the trade show buildings. Note that I said buildingS, as in multiple trade show buildings, the size of supermarkets.
    Comprehensive Equestrian Site Planning and Facility Design
    www.lynnlongplanninganddesign.com

Default Aunt Esther on belt buckles

Aunt Esther, national and international Purse Champion, was told by the aforementioned cowboy that one should only wear a large belt buckle if one has won said buckle.

Aunt Esther, not sure if he was pulling her leg or not, entered a reining competition in Europe, left Ann Fonck-Poels and Rieky Young in the dust, won a large buckle and currently sports that during those rare times when she is actually riding western.

Aunt Esther, while never one for the bling, purchased a Kippy belt as part of her cowgirl Halloween costume last year. Aunt Esther confesses to having worn it several time since then. Of course, never with Hermes.

Well, Aunt Esther, you can Win the buckle or you can Earn it. A reining trainer friend of mine had a girlfriend who always wore one of his numerous lovely buckles, and always said that she had EARNED it.

Quote Originally Posted by Plumcreek View Post
    Well, Aunt Esther, you can Win the buckle or you can Earn it. A reining trainer friend of mine had a girlfriend who always wore one of his numerous lovely buckles, and always said that she had EARNED it.

So she stayed on for the whole eight seconds?

Aunt Esther, while never one for the bling, purchased a Kippy belt as part of her cowgirl Halloween costume last year. Aunt Esther confesses to having worn it several time since then. Of course, never with Hermes.
    Well I would hope not! Rumor has it that Kippy and Hermes don't get along at all!
    You jump in the saddle,
    Hold onto the bridle!
    Jump in the line!
    ...Belefonte

But Plumcreek, not all dinnerplate silver buckles function well as stomach protectors. Many of us ahem "older" persons remember Malcolm Baldridge, Secretary of Commerce under Ronald Reagan, who lost his life when the horse he was riding went over backwards during a session at the Roddy Ranch. The horn pressed his beltbuckle all the way back to his spine, crushing his internal organs. It was not a pretty scene........

Dear Aunt Esther,
    Has anyone apprised you of the other meaning of the word congress? I thought that you might wish to consult your Oxford dictionary, as it refers to....how shall I phrase this delicately....sport far beyond the reaches of Ohio.
    Dee
    Founder of the I LOFF my worrywart TB clique!
    Official member of the "I Sing Silly Songs to My Animals!" Clique
    http://wilddiamondintherough.blogspot.ca/

Quote Originally Posted by paint hunter View Post
    But Plumcreek, not all dinnerplate silver buckles function well as stomach protectors. Many of us ahem "older" persons remember Malcolm Baldridge, Secretary of Commerce under Ronald Reagan, who lost his life when the horse he was riding went over backwards during a session at the Roddy Ranch. The horn pressed his beltbuckle all the way back to his spine, crushing his internal organs. It was not a pretty scene........
    No kidding? I remember MB, but not that incident.

I sold a horse to Julie Roddy once.

[QUOTE
    Well I would hope not! Rumor has it that Kippy and Hermes don't get along at all!
    [/QUOTE]

But I think I remember seeing an orange Kippy's belt. Maybe not the 'right' orange, though.

It seems that I am in the wrong part of Texas.

Not an AquaNet head in sight...perhaps they are all hiding from the swine flu??

I did, however, get SEVERAL compliments from cute cowboys on my emerald green suede Outback hat (purchased at Roles)

I thanked them in my most southern drawl, which they think is "might cute".