The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Default Anyone Adopt from Danny&Ron's Rescue?

http://www.dannyandronsrescue.com/

They seem to be lovely men with huge hearts and run a fantastic program. I've heard from other people that have adopted from them and have nothing but fantastic things to say and are thrilled with their new family members. I'd love to see pictures/hear stories about your Danny & Ron pups! Thanks everyone.
    "And my good dreams? They all come with a velvet muzzle and four legs. All my good dreams are about horses."--In Colt Blood

COTH Barn Rats Clique!

I got one from them a year ago for my friend's mom. She has turned out to be a fantastic dog.

I spoke to Ron and Danny about the dog's job description (older lady, lives in an apartment, needs quiet, sweet, mannerly companion), and they gave me one that fit the description to the letter. She has been a huge hit, and when the lady goes out of town, her friends fight over who gets to dog sit for her!

Ron and Danny are just doing an amazing job helping all these animals. Huge kudos to them- I don't know how they do it!

Thanks for posting!! That pretty much goes along with what I've heard about them from everyone. The dog I really liked, Emma, has been adopted but Ron asked me what I was looking for and should be sending me pictures any day now. Yay! Keswick, here I come!!
    "And my good dreams? They all come with a velvet muzzle and four legs. All my good dreams are about horses."--In Colt Blood

COTH Barn Rats Clique!

TD, don't worry, they have a huge array of dogs, and based on my experience, they're really good at placing the right dog in the right situation. I'm sure they'll find the one for you.

Good luck!

Anyone else?

COTH Barn Rats Clique!

They are fabulous! Have known them through the horse shows for years. We're looking at adopting from them now.
    "are you yawning? You don't ride well enough to yawn...I can yawn, because I ride better than you, Meredith Michael Beerbaum can yawn, you, not so much..." George Morris in Camden, SC

Another future adopty here! I have met them a few times when I was younger and always thought they were nice guys. I am FINALLY moving back to SC and onto a farm and I cannot wait to adopt a dog! They are the first people I am going to contact!

My only directives are: MUST get along with cats, since we have 2 indoor only kitties, must be short haired, and must not be a hound or JRT (personal preference).

I don't know how I am going to go there and only come home with one!

I don't think I remember them from the show world, which is odd.

I need one that gets along with cats too, and medium sized, preferably some sort of corgi or sporting mix......I can't wait for Keswick!

Edit-Still waiting to hear from them about the other dogs, I'm such a worrier!
    Last edited by TatteredDaydreamer; Apr. 27, 2009 at 08:13 PM.

COTH Barn Rats Clique!

Anyone else with successful adoption stories/pictures? I was having a brain fart, but I most certainly do remember Danny from the horse show world. Keswick is coming up, and I really hope that Emmet is still around, he's got the cutest head, nice and blocky like I like.

COTH Barn Rats Clique!

Chapel Hill and Southern Pines, North Carolina

ME!!! Two - just got the second one 5 days ago: Skidoo - She is the larger one:

Glory Be I got in January at the Raleigh show:

http://i56.photobucket.com/albums/g1...o/IMG_0187.jpg

http://i56.photobucket.com/albums/g1...o/IMG_0195.jpg
    "Her life was okay. Sometimes she wished she were sleeping with the right man instead of with her dog, but she never felt she was sleeping with the wrong dog."

www.dontlookbackfarm.com

Hollywood, but not the one where they have the Oscars!

Ron and Danny were at the USHJA Trainers Symposium this weekend, they told me that they have 60 dogs at their house that need homes! Yowsa!
    "You can't really debate with someone who has a prescient invisible friend"
    carolprudm

Quote Originally Posted by mroades View Post
    Ron and Danny were at the USHJA Trainers Symposium this weekend, they told me that they have 60 dogs at their house that need homes! Yowsa!
    Holy cow! When I picked up that dog for my friend a year ago, they had 33 dogs, and I thought that was a crazy number! Never mind double that population.