The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Default Shopping at Rolex ...

Tell me about your buys, because I have made off like a bandit and it was one particular booth that made my hay-day. EQUUS NOW (I love them, dearly) has a secondary booth in the SE corner of the indoor arena that is selling R. J. Classics brand merchandise. I have purchased 2 hunt coats, 1 dressage frock, 2 hunt shirts, two breeches, and two pairs of gloves at a total just under 26% of the retail value. They also have jumper, eventer, and foxhunter coats, and all sorts of other things. Their stuff is just great. Go buy it out!
    Last edited by Carli; May. 4, 2009 at 11:39 AM.
    Carli
    dressage. n, the passionate pursuit of perfection by the obsessively imperfect.

I've already bought 4 saddle pads: 2 $15 pads from BoB, Barnsby grip pad that I love in burgundy, and a green Lami-cell pad
    -custom padded halter with name plate and lead with name plate
    -black woof boots
    -breast plate
    -black waxed braiding thread
    -snaps for breast plate
    -Canter mane and tail spray
    -polo shirt and cap
    -blingy brow band
    -lots of free samples
    I think that's it!!

Luise,
    Where did you find the snaps for the breastplate?

One Stubben bridle for $75
    two sets Stubben reins, $18 each
    misc shirts for the minions at home taking care of the FatPaintMare, $12 each
    stud suds, cleaning brush, D Savers for my jumping bridle

BEST CUSTOMER SERVICE:
    One year ago I bought one of the Outback suede hats (small). It never fit right, and always gave me headaches, so I only wore it about 2x.

I brought it this year to be stretched; the Very Nice Woman explained that it could not be stretched, and exchanged it on the spot for a medium.

THANK YOU!!

I got a killer deal on a Charles Owen Hampton helmet from Dave that came with a free CO helmet bag and pair of Roeckl gloves.
    Proud supporter of SprotHorseRiders.com

Quote Originally Posted by chancellor2 View Post
    Luise,
    Where did you find the snaps for the breastplate?
    Bit of Britain has them near the studs.

Black boot polish, "Ultra" Thin-Line pad (last one - $45 clearance bin!), lead rope, jumping crop, Soft Touch shaped brown girth.

Quote Originally Posted by luise View Post
    I've already bought 4 saddle pads: 2 $15 pads from BoB, Barnsby grip pad that I love in burgundy, and a green Lami-cell pad
    -custom padded halter with name plate and lead with name plate
    -black woof boots
    -breast plate
    -black waxed braiding thread
    -snaps for breast plate
    -Canter mane and tail spray
    -polo shirt and cap
    -blingy brow band
    -lots of free samples
    I think that's it!!
    Two BoB saddle pads are last on my list to get GREAT deal for dressage pads!!

Quote Originally Posted by FlightCheck View Post
    One Stubben bridle for $75
    two sets Stubben reins, $18 each
    I saw those sales at Stubben - too bad I bought all that stuff (other places for higher prices) last year!!!! What deals!

Default my trade show finds

Aside from finding a deal on FITS breeches ($189 for breeches and matching top) I did a little video tour of the shopping and a few competitor warmups for my blog. Anyone interested in the videos can go to

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L4flBgMungk
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gi0S1n2kK6E

As you can see I have a lot of time to myself in the evening :-)
    http://behindthebitblog.com
    Dressage, riding, sport horse blog
    BTBbrowbands.com
    Unique browbands for dressage and hunter riders

If anyone is into Equifit boots, they have great deals at the booth on their closeout lines. I got a NICER pair for less money than I spent on the pair I got last year.

And if you are interested in trying the Succeed digestive supplement, I HIGHLY recommend you head on over to that booth. We could barely walk with all of the free goodies they gave us with the purchase of a 3 months supply.

I am heading into tomorrow with my eye on a used Devoucoux Makila that fits me to a T! What to do. . . what to do. . .
    When life gives you lemons. . .say &%^# you lemons! And throw those lemons back in life's face so that it will be afraid of you and won't try that crap again!

Oh, and don't forget that tomorrow they discount all of the merchandise in the Rolex tent!!!!!
    When life gives you lemons. . .say &%^# you lemons! And throw those lemons back in life's face so that it will be afraid of you and won't try that crap again!

I worked for BoB on Thursday and used my $75 towards the purchase one of the new Nunn Finer bridles. I found a Stubben contour pad for $35.

I would like to find a pair of all leather half chaps, but have not had time to look. (Maybe, I will have time to look for them tomorrow. )

Well...

I had no entition(sp?) of buying anything. I think this was the 1st time in my entire life that I didn't really need anything. There were things that i would have liked to buy, but didn't need and would have been perfectly happy without having.

So, I ended up making 1 purchase. I bought the one thing I really really really did not need, and I almost think this was possibly one of the most frivolous things I've ever bought.

So. In the corner where the racks and racks of dressage, eventer, shadbelly and hunt coats were..
    Well I walked over there. and tried on a jacket. only 1 jacket. it spoke to me. and it fit perfectly, and was without a doubt one of the prettiest one's I've seen. 'Eventer" style, Dark Navy blue, with skinny burgundy pin stripes, mustard/gold-ish colored piping and brass buttons (with little horses on them) and it was $99....
    So I bought it...
    And I have a perfectly nice, very pretty, plain navy hunt coat that works just find, and fits just as well.

oh well. What is a girl supposed to do when something looks that good?
    Never ever look in the mirror, when you try such things on.
    -Chelsie
    "Hell yes I can ride. I was riding when I fell off!"

$75 stubben dressage bridle, $18 stubben reins, lami cell front/back boots at 75%off!, rolex t shirt, saddle pad in my comp. colors, FREE back on track wraps! and tons of samples! I was disappointed they didn't have a better sale in the Rolex tent the last day.

What company was selling the padded leather halters with all the different color options?

I discovered a company called "Healing Tree" they have an amazing soap for horses called Quikclenz. You attach the hose to the bottle and spray it on, rinse it off, my horse's tail and coat was like silk, no kidding. They also have other treatments for wounds and fly spray.

Lots of free samples from joint companies and products for health.
    RIP Kelly 1977-2007 "Wither thou goest, so shall I"

"To tilt when you should withdraw is Knightly too."

My absolute favorite "buy"-- a SmartPak Training Three Day tote bag! They were giving them away with $50 purchases, including onsite orders from the catalog. They have the T3DE logo on them and are attractive, big and roomy. I just love it-- score!!

What company was selling the padded leather halters with all the different color options?
    Claire at Clever with Leather had lovely padded halters in any color you could want. She also makes belts and pet collars to match.
    Proud supporter of SprotHorseRiders.com

Quote Originally Posted by hearthorse View Post
    $75 stubben dressage bridle, $18 stubben reins, lami cell front/back boots at 75%off!, rolex t shirt, saddle pad in my comp. colors, FREE back on track wraps! and tons of samples! I was disappointed they didn't have a better sale in the Rolex tent the last day.

Clever with Leather had padded halters with different color options. Equestrian Collections also had them--they were/are custom, but the price wasn't any different. I ordered a halter with light blue padding with name plate for $83.