The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Question anyone ever heard of a dutch stallion Akkrobat?

Anyone ever heard of a dutch stallion named Akkrobat?

I cant find anything.. most likely in the west area or PNW.

Looking at a mare that is by him but no papers??

He was in the NW - many years ago. He was Dutch - but was never approved - by the NAWPN. At one point he belonged to Kevin Freeman -but was passed around to several owners, including one in Bend. Did some showing in jumpers and was bred to a number of tb mares for hunters. Since he was never approved his offspring are often unregistered and the information and statistics are lacking.

Quote Originally Posted by BC5098 View Post
    He was in the NW - many years ago. He was Dutch - but was never approved - by the NAWPN. At one point he belonged to Kevin Freeman -but was passed around to several owners, including one in Bend. Did some showing in jumpers and was bred to a number of tb mares for hunters. Since he was never approved his offspring are often unregistered and the information and statistics are lacking.
    Do you know what his bloodlines were?

I'm pretty sure he was by Nimmerdor. I believe he was at my barn not too long ago. I think there are two horses by him there now. As the poster above stated, I believe he was bred to a fair number of Tbs locally and has some nice hunter/jumper types. There was a son of his who was standing in CA. Can't remember his name now, but he's been gelded.

Quote Originally Posted by frisky View Post
    I'm pretty sure he was by Nimmerdor. I believe he was at my barn not too long ago. I think there are two horses by him there now. As the poster above stated, I believe he was bred to a fair number of Tbs locally and has some nice hunter/jumper types.
    Can you recall anything about him or maybe ask if someone knows his full pedigree? Is he a nice type and nice character?

I'm pretty positive that's the horse.

No, but I sure love the name!

Windward Farm, Washougal, WA- our work in progress, our money pit, our home!

I believe his last owner was Liz Warren (or Julia Kubicek and Liz Warren). He stood at Julia's place, Farm Hill, in Ridgefield, WA. He was a well-known PNW sire, and is by Nimmerdor. There are a number of his offspring in the area, showing in both hunters and jumpers. I know Julia K could give you information about him and his bloodlines. I'm wracking my brain for his approved son... gosh getting old sucks!

His babies all seemed athletic and capable. I know Liz had one that did the First Yrs... Skyking was his name.
    Proud member of the "Don't rush to kill wildlife" clique!

I had an Akrobaat filly. Easy, laid back, athletic. Very much the Dutch Nimmerdor type in temperament and trainability. The offspring I've seen make great h/j type horses, amateur friendly.

He was a really cool horse to watch in the show ring! I've had many friends through the years that have had his babies and they've all been really athletic sporthorses. Seems like the ones that I knew tended towards being a little bit hot (not crazy), but could jump ANYTHING. A friend of mine was recently looking for an Akrobaat baby and couldn't find anything reasonably priced. Definitely not a "well kept secret" around here

Someone was just telling me that an acquaintance of ours has her Akrobaat baby up for sale (he's older...in his later teens, I think). He took her through the hunters and eq divisions quite adeptly......he's an awfully nice horse!

I certainly wouldn't hesitate to pick one up from his bloodlines.

Quote Originally Posted by PNWjumper View Post
    He was a really cool horse to watch in the show ring! I've had many friends through the years that have had his babies and they've all been really athletic sporthorses. Seems like the ones that I knew tended towards being a little bit hot (not crazy), but could jump ANYTHING. A friend of mine was recently looking for an Akrobaat baby and couldn't find anything reasonably priced. Definitely not a "well kept secret" around here

Someone was just telling me that an acquaintance of ours has her Akrobaat baby up for sale (he's older...in his later teens, I think). He took her through the hunters and eq divisions quite adeptly......he's an awfully nice horse!

I certainly wouldn't hesitate to pick one up from his bloodlines.
    This mare seems quite hot but not crazy. She is VERY forward to the fence. I cant decide whether to try her or not. She is out of a TB mare. This mare is 9.

Well, I'm certainly not going to be someone to tell you NOT to try her

I have seen a lot of REALLY NICE Akrobaat babies. Nice enough that I would absolutely try her based on her bloodlines alone.

Quote Originally Posted by PNWjumper View Post
    Well, I'm certainly not going to be someone to tell you NOT to try her

I have seen a lot of REALLY NICE Akrobaat babies. Nice enough that I would absolutely try her based on her bloodlines alone.
    I think I am going to head down to CA and give her a try!

Kris Guest

Default akrobaat

Akrobaat is a dutch stallion popular in the early 90's. I have a jumper gelding by Ambassador - out of Akrobaat. He is full of heart and the best little jumper. He has done some level 7. (correct spelling AKROBAAT) Also by Nimmedor I believe.

Question

If anyone knows the details of Akrobaat babies born in Bend, OR around 2000, can you please PM me? I am trying to piece together a certain horses' history. I am doing this with the mares' best interest in mind. Thanks!
    "Capture the horse's confidence to obtain his consent." -General L'Hotte

Quote Originally Posted by janderegelaar View Post
    Nice bloodlines! Nimmerdor, Democrat, etc. Note the good crosses!

It's not Democrat - it's Democratic XX - BIG difference!
    Siegi Belz
    www.stalleuropa.com
    2007 KWPN-NA Breeder of the Year
    Dutch Warmbloods Made in the U. S. A.

Was Akkrobat / Akrobaat an Olympic silver medal jumper and also a grand prix dressage stallion in Holland?

Is he still alive? If so, who stands him?
    Last edited by Xanthoria; Jan. 22, 2010 at 01:47 PM.
    http://www.xanthoria.com/OTTB