The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Default Free Leases, Fancy Small and Packer Medium Pony

I have 2 ponies available to good, preferably show homes...no lesson barns please.

Star aka: Star Bright, reg. "Hillcrest Star Spangled Banner"

15 y.o. 13.1/4" grey gelding, reg Welsh by Gayfield's Vida Blue. He is an absolute sweetheart! He has a very nice forward canter and gets down the lines easily (not fast, and doesn't pull or speed up...just as steady as a clock) good form over fences and placed 2nd and 4th in Medium Children's Pony his first time showing at the KY Horse Park (AA) with a rider who had only riden him 4 times prior. Very easy to find the jumps on. Would make an excellent short stirrup, children's and even Regular Medium at smaller A's.

Bella aka: Belle of the Ball

7 yo 12.1 chestnut mare, Welsh cross. Very fancy! 10++ over fences!!! Great canter, gets down the lines. Still green, best suited to an intermediate rider. she is not a hard pony to ride, just not experienced and has not been to shows yet. She has schooled at a few shows and you can literally take from stall to the ring without any prep and she is exactly the same pony in the ring as she is at home. Loves to be doted on, will stand for hours on end being groomed. She will place very well at top shows if given the chance to do so. Quiet enought to be ridden by stark beginners at home.

I would LOVE to find a show home to lease these lovely ponies to...or if you are located in the Georgetown/Lexington, KY area, I am happy to give free lessons and help at shows for the right rider. I just don't have the time for everything and especially will not have much time/space to do anything with them this summer with 3 foals on the way. These two are very nice, sweet, deserving ponies...don't miss out!

jd1mom Guest

Default looking for a short stirrup pony

Hello
    We are looking for a super quiet short stirrup pony for our 7 year old to move up from her small pony. She is walking/trotting/going over crosspoles at home and at shows, but has not really cantered yet except out on the trails, and her pony is like a pogo stick so she was a little unnerved. She is a very good rider but timid. Would you please send me more info on the older pony? We are located in Western Maryland, references available should it be a match. Thanks so much in advance. bjgrover@atlanticbb.net

I am looking for a medium pony for my student. She is jumping crossrail and 18 in courses. She likes a pony with a little motor. She is a very confident kid. Can you please email me with maybe some photos if this pony is still available??
    hrfponies@yahoo.com

Thanks!

Default Medium-Packer

Is the medium packer still available?
    Has he been there/done that? He sounds very sweet.

Would like to hear more about him.
    Windswept Stables-Specializing in Ponies
    Sales, Breaking,Training,Showing, Stud Service

Home of 2008 Sire of Year Reserve Champion
    Pony Hunter Breeding - Empires Power

www.EmpiresPower.com

I am very interested in your medium i sent u a pm

Default Is Star Bright still available?

Hello! I have a 6 year old who wants to do some shows with her big sister this summer and her small (very old and 90% blind) Shetland is officially retired. My little girl is a beginner but seems to be a very natural rider (much more so than her older sister who really has to work at it.) Big sis is getting a new horse soon and I would LOVE to find a pony for my younger daughter! Star Bright sounds FABULOUS!!! We could certainly give him lots of love and I would love to see her showing successfully on such a nice pony! We are in Ohio but could provide many references if you would consider us.

Thank you!!!!