The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Default West Georgia Trail Ride

Would anyone like to get together for a ride on May 2nd? We go go to MacIntosh or`Boundary Waters. Let me know if you want to do it.

How about Boundary Waters since that will probably be my first time hauling out on my own. Can't guarantee I'll have backing up the gooseneck down pat by then, sooooo tell me there's a way I can just do a ginormous u-turn?
    <>< Sorrow Looks Back. Worry Looks Around. Faith Looks Up! -- Being negative only makes a difficult journey more difficult. You may be given a cactus, but you don't have to sit on it.

You should not have a problem! If you would like I can meet you there one day horseless so you can see the parking area.

Susan,

I'm interested if I can borrow one of your beasties...
    Georgia and Mighty Thoroughbred Cliques

Anyone heading down from WAY north west GA? I'm in Canton area in need of a lift. The day before is my horse's 15th birthday and i can't think of a better gift than some open spaces.
    www.destinationconsensusequus.com
    chaque pas est fait ensemble

Count me in!

YAY!! It should be fun. What time is good for ya'll to meet up?

PetStore-I hope you find a ride

Oops - spoke too soon. I am attending a wedding that day for a horsey friend. Y'all have fun!
    Georgia and Mighty Thoroughbred Cliques

Oy, I'm an idiot. I will be down at the Cotton Pickin' Fair on the 2nd

How about the following Saturday?

HB: Normally I'd gladly let you borrow P, but I just haven't had time to get Tank fit. I don't think she'd last too long out there. But don't not to despair. I'm sure we'll do this thing more than once and Tank will be ready for it then
    <>< Sorrow Looks Back. Worry Looks Around. Faith Looks Up! -- Being negative only makes a difficult journey more difficult. You may be given a cactus, but you don't have to sit on it.

Oh no Choco Mare! I am going to be out of town on the 9th and the 16th I could meet the 23rd or 30th. Let me know.

I still plan on riding on the 2nd if anyone wants to join me. Raleigh's Mom would you still want to meet that day?

I can't go on the 9th, but could probably still go on the 2nd... and even bring a friend or two.

I'm up for the 30th.

Perhaps by then Ms. Penny mare will decide that mama's trailer isn't really that scary and that if she gets in it, she won't wind up 1500 miles away.

We tried to load her last night for the first time. It's the first time she would have been on a trailer in 5 years. The last time was when she was shipped to me from Wisconsin and I'm guessing she remembers 7 days of hauling all over kingdom come, so ain't too keen on repeating that, lest she wind up in another state.

I got her on the ramp and right to the edge of the trailer itself and she'd stop. Not ugly or pissy. Just "nope ain't goin' in." Tried tapping her butt constantly with a dressage whip. Nope. Did the backing up for 10-20 feet repeatedly. Nope. She just didn't wanna go. Sooooo, I moved the trailer to make it more accessible and will start offering her dinner in it. She's a sucker for beet pulp with a Peep hidden inside, so maybe her stomach will overrule her pea brain.

Kids.

ChocoMare-I can go on the 30th.

Raleighsmom-I would still like to ride with you on the 2nd.

Anyone else is welcome either day!

Spot - you have a pm.

Well after tonight, I KNOW I'll be ready for the 30th. I GOT PENNY TO LOAD!! Woo Hoo!!!!

Choco - YAY!

I may be able to ride on the 30th, but spot and I still have plans for riding on the 2nd if anyone else can make it. I am going to try to bring a friend or two.

I rode at Boundary Waters today with a friend --- perfect weather. The trails were a little wet/mucky in some places, but otherwise great. We had a nice, slow ride, which my Arab appreciates once in a while.... I think he likes the break from our conditioning rides.
    Last edited by Raleigh's Mom; Apr. 25, 2009 at 05:36 AM.

I just wanted to see if anyone else wanted to join Raleigh's Mom and I on Saturday.

Christina