The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default Has anyone ordered from www.horse.com?

Hi,
    I was just wondering if anyone has ordered from www.horse.com?? Is it a good place/site? They seem to have very good deals it just sounds to good to be true.
    Thanks so much in advance.

Lousy and terrible customer service and false charges and poor notice and communication....I will never order from them again.

I ordered a cinch from their website. Everything went ok.

This is the new site for Country Supply-- lots of threads of dissatisfied customers because of their customer service (or lack of). I am one. I will not order from them again.

Island of last resort.

I've ordered from them for several years now, but after lots of backorders, sloppy shipping (suppliments and liquids not secured and leaked, heavy stuff loose and banging into other more delicate items in a large box), missing order confirmations, and a general lack of customer service they may be cheaper most times, but it's evident to me where they cut corners.

I ordered two sheets and a few odds & ends from them last year, and had no problems. They were here in a few days. Horseloverz is a whole differnent story!
    A proud friend of bar.ka.

Last time I ordered from them was a nightmare! Will never use them again...

Wow I must've lucked out. I just ordered 5 supermask II fly masks at half off and they got here in just three days!

I order from them pretty regularly... mostly supplements... and have never had a problem. A lot of people have issues, but the supplements I get would be like $50 more from any other site!

I've gotten stuff from them and never had a problem... but have heard the horror stories too.

I have had great service, never an issue. I order every 60 days but always the same thing.
    THE BEST prices on my supplement hands down. free shipping!

I've had some horrible experiences with them. I agree that they don't have very good customer service....staff is not knowledgeable about products and downright surly at times. They advertise their "in stock rate" (always well over 90%), yet somehow everything I need to order falls within the out of stock range.
    Ridge Farm Inc.-full care retirement
    http://www.horseretirementfarm.com

I ordered a flank cinch and a breast collar and all went very well.

I am currently getting ready to order a long nosed w/ears fly mask from them.

But with any online dealings, it's buyer beware. So, good luck with whomever you order from.
    Chronicle of My Horse
    Secret Passage Ranch
    **a member of the
    Riders with Fibromyalgia & Adult Re-riders Clique

City of delusion in the state of total denial

Huh--I hadn't heard of any customer service problems. I order a lot of supplements from them.
    "I'm not always sarcastic. Sometimes I'm asleep."
    - Harry Dresden

Horse Isle 2: Legend of the Esrohs LifeCycle Breeding and competition MMORPG

Default Mixed review

I've ordered tons of things from Country Supply over the past few years and have always had good success with my orders. Until my last order... The order was shipped incomplete. Since the total of the SHIPPED items fell below their minimun for free shipping, I was charged $8.99 for shipping.

I was nervous about calling customer service, since I've heard such horror stories. I guess I got lucky. The customer service rep was pleasant and credited the shipping charges immediately. Apparently, the fly sprays I ordered were backordered and then cancelled. However, when I checked online, it still appeared that they had them in stock...

I've order numerous things from them and never had a problem. I've order liquid supplements that were always wrapped and taped up, saddle pads, blankets, and other stuff. I've always gotten my orders well ahead of schedule. I've used them for a few years now.
    R.I.P Vanny 26 yr QH Stallion 4/11/82 - 5/8/08, Scout 28 yr Paint Cross Gelding, Glistening 11 yr Arab/Saddlebred Mare

I'll use Valley Vet, Jeffers, or American Livestock & Pet Supply, before I'll use Country Supply.

If something's backordered or discontinued, they don't tell you. They just drop it off the order. Horseloverz is even worse, and I'll never order from them again.

For tack, I usually use Schneiders Saddlery if I'm ordering online. I've always been pleased with their service and prices.
    The plural of anecdote is not data.

Thumbs up

So far, I've had good luck with them.
    Some riders change their horse, they change their saddle, they change their teacher; they never change themselves.

CS (horse.com) has great prices and if you are lucky and your order arrives correct life is good, heck even great.

If you have to deal with customer service for anything do not expect to have an enjoyable experience.

When your order arrives look at the invoice carefully. Like has been posted here, they are well known for simply not sending something and then charging you shipping because your order is now under the minimum to get free shipping.

I have been ordering from them for years and seldome run into problems. I don't like their tack items as they seem to carry only the low end items but I love to order supplements from them.