The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Default dressage girth with a ring?

I am probably searching for a needle in a haystack... but I was wondering if anyone has seen a dressage girth with a ring on it (to which I can attach the clip of a breastplate). I know breastplates are not terribly common in dressage and I am having trouble finding a girth with a ring on it. Yes, I can the girth through the end of the breastplate - but I would really prefer to get a girth with a ring to use with a particular breastplate I love that has a clip on the end (and not a loop).

Has anyone seen something like this? If not, do they make any sort of girth attachments for this purpose? (Sorry if these are silly questions!)

Thanks!

My Schleese has a ring! I love it, I put a clip on my vienna reins and it made them 300 x more convenient.

http://www.nunnfiner.com/Detachable-Girth-Ring-p/8.htm but I haven't seen one in black- just search e-bay for "girth loop".

You mean like a D ring in the center of the girth..where the sternum is supported? If so, I know Schleese has those..

Quote Originally Posted by blackhorse6 View Post
    You mean like a D ring in the center of the girth..where the sternum is supported? If so, I know Schleese has those..
    Yes, this is what I mean!

Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by Ambrey View Post
    My Schleese has a ring! I love it, I put a clip on my vienna reins and it made them 300 x more convenient.

http://www.nunnfiner.com/Detachable-Girth-Ring-p/8.htm but I haven't seen one in black- just search e-bay for "girth loop".
    Awesome! Thanks so much! I just had no idea what one might be called.

There are little things that you can slip the girth through that have a ring on them. Called a detachable girth ring and a might cheaper than a new girth. http://www.doversaddlery.com/product...&ids=635034054

You guys are the best! Thank you so much. Once I know what search terms to use, I was able to find a black girth loop for $8 on Ebay! I just sent my PayPal payment!

That was a heck of a lot cheaper than a new girth.

my prestige has one...

my prestiges have one

Quote Originally Posted by Phaxxton View Post
    I am probably searching for a needle in a haystack... but I was wondering if anyone has seen a dressage girth with a ring on it (to which I can attach the clip of a breastplate). I know breastplates are not terribly common in dressage and I am having trouble finding a girth with a ring on it. Yes, I can the girth through the end of the breastplate - but I would really prefer to get a girth with a ring to use with a particular breastplate I love that has a clip on the end (and not a loop).

Has anyone seen something like this? If not, do they make any sort of girth attachments for this purpose? (Sorry if these are silly questions!)

Thanks!
    Prestige has one. Or use a cat collar around your girth. The ring for the tag is perfect for attaching to.
    Last edited by Hazelnut; Apr. 9, 2009 at 10:07 PM. Reason: spelling!

My Mattes has one and it is also the most beautiful girth.Wide and sheepshin.

The Prestige contoured dressage girth has a ring.
    Last edited by Moderator 1; Apr. 10, 2009 at 12:43 PM.
    \"You have two choices when a defining moment comes along - you can either define the moment, or let the moment define you.\" Tin Cup