The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Did I miss something? Rob Banner no longer with COTH?

No longer with COTH? When did this happen?

I also heard that he got engaged. Congrats to him!

Rob has not been with COTH for over a month.

He got married last summer.
    Cherry Blossom Farm - Show & Field Hunters, Side Saddles

For those who never knew what he looked like - or haven't seen the Chronicle offices - here you go. It's amazing what you can find on the web!

2008 Interview with Rob Banner (Horse Girl TV)

That was nice! Thanks for sharing it!

Where did Rob Banner go??? We will surely miss him!!
    http://www.talloaksfarm.net ---"Success is not final, failure is not fatal; it is the courage to continue that counts." --- Winston Churchill

Quote Originally Posted by SidesaddleRider View Post
    Rob has not been with COTH for over a month.

He got married last summer.
    Well, I'm really out of the loop.
    I only heard about his leaving COTH on Tuesday. I always liked Rob and thought he did a good job.
    Anyone here know who replaced him?

News to me too!
    FREE TACK/APPAREL ADS: BITS AND BARTER BOARD: http://bitsandbarter.proboards.com/i...ay&thread=5450

Clarksdale, MS--the golden buckle on the cotton belt

We all should have suspected something was different when the layout of the magazine changed back to the one they tried out on us back last year.

I truly hope The Chronicle finds its legs again. The loss of John Strassburger and Rob Banner in the same couple of years could be devastating if the new owners/publishers aren't very tuned in to their subscriber market. From what I've seen, I have my doubts. JMHO.
    "I'm a lumberjack, and I'm okay."
    Thread killer Extraordinaire

Quote Originally Posted by 5chestnuts View Post
    I was told he'd been let go by the new owners of the magazine.
    The magazine has new owners?! When did that happen? Are they planning any big changes? I hope they don't decide to ruin the magazine by "improving" it. Remember New Coke?

Best wishes to Mr. Banner. I've only spoken to him on the phone, but he seemed extremely pleasant and helpful.

Quote Originally Posted by vineyridge View Post
    I truly hope The Chronicle finds its legs again. The loss of John Strassburger and Rob Banner in the same couple of years could be devastating if the new owners/publishers aren't very tuned in to their subscriber market. From what I've seen, I have my doubts. JMHO.
    Me too. I didn't renew my subscription for that reason.

Quote Originally Posted by MHM View Post
    The magazine has new owners?! When did that happen?
    Interesting - I never heard that before. They're still listed as being part of G. L. Ohrstom & Co, Inc.'s Vistan Corp division. It's run by Wright Ohrstrom (late George Jr's brother) who has been participant of the family's Whitewood Stable in The Plains.

Well, I have about six months left on my current subscription. I'm going to take a wait and see approach.

Have not renewed most of my other horsie magazines. Had way too many anyway.

COTH got sold? I hope the people are running Practical Horseman didn't buy it, they did a great job ruining that mag.
    I've let most of my horse mags go too, had too many and they have all gotten to be the same, with too much fluff and too many "my first pony" articles.
    We'll see what happens when my COTH comes up for renewal.
    "Perhaps the final test of anybody's love of dogs is their willingness to permit them to make a camping ground of the bed" -Henry T. Merwin

Default Rob Banner

According to last week's Chronicle, the publisher is Vistan Corporation. It doesn't appear there are any other changes to personnel.

I guess I have a different opinion but since I use the coth bb for free, I feel I should subscribe to the magazine. Of course I have been a continuous subscriber since 1979. I have cancelled all other horse publications though!
    http://www.talloaksfarm.net ---"Success is not final, failure is not fatal; it is the courage to continue that counts." --- Winston Churchill

Quote Originally Posted by tobruk View Post
    According to last week's Chronicle, the publisher is Vistan Corporation. It doesn't appear there are any other changes to personnel.
    Which has been the same owner for corporate purposes since 1978

Default Business As Usual

Thank you for your interest and concern about The Chronicle and Rob Banner.

Yes, Rob has moved on to other opportunities. We wish him the best in his future endeavors and we will miss him.

The magazine has not been sold, nor are there plans to do so. There are currently no plans to replace Rob as publisher. For the foreseeable future, Vistan Corporation will act as publisher. You can continue to expect to see The Chronicle you know and love in your mailbox each week.

We have many exciting projects going on at our offices. As the "new" New Media Director, I am currently working on plans to improve the web site and make it more accessible to all of you. Exciting changes should happen this fall. Not to fear, the posts and threads you love will stay the same.

We're also in the process of conducting an editorial survey (much like the suggestions thread that has been up and running here). We're hoping to find out information to better serve our current subscribers and future subscribers with the content that is most relevant to you.

Thank you for your continued support. We have a fantastic community here, and I'm happy to be a part of it.

If you have any questions, please DM me!

Erin Bush
    New Media Director

Default What's with the Doom & Gloom?

Change can be a good thing!
    "You gave your life to become the person you are right now. Was it worth it?" Richard Bach

I cancelled my hard copy 2 renewals ago, not a content problem, more of a delivery problem. I would generally get 1 out of 4-5 editions, love the option that I do now of the internet version. Downloading the entire magazine into that PDF is fantastic! Now I read it first thing on Friday mornings when it is up.

Quote Originally Posted by mjrtango93 View Post
    I cancelled my hard copy 2 renewals ago, not a content problem, more of a delivery problem. I would generally get 1 out of 4-5 editions, love the option that I do now of the internet version. Downloading the entire magazine into that PDF is fantastic! Now I read it first thing on Friday mornings when it is up.
    Yes, but you can't wallpaper your bathroom with the digital covers like I heard someone did with the printed covers. lol

I use the digital version on occasion but I think the application COTH uses is quite poor.