The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Devon Horse Show

Who's going this year? Or well who is waiting to hear if they qualified? What are you all showing in?

I'm going for the first time ever in the local hunters. I'm really excited. Also, what should I expect? I've been a spectator there for every year I can remember, but I've never been on the other side of things.
    Last edited by CenterStage123; Apr. 2, 2009 at 08:28 PM. Reason: i can't spell..

a pony jumper in my barn is waiting to hear if she got in, and several girls are doin the locals too! Couldn't tell you what to expect tho; i've never actually ridden at devon. But good luck!
    Horse power

Horse" pow`er\ (Noun) The extraordinary capacity of a horse to elevate the human spirit.

My son and i are doing Parent and child over fences and in the family class.

mine is doing the three year old hunter breeding and under saddle class........that should be interesting!

I'm doing the locals with my greenie and I know a couple other people from my barn are doing locals as well.

It's a lot of fun..this will be my fourth time doing them and I love it each time!
    Michigan State University College of Veterinary Medicine - Class of 2014

Chance Encounter
    RIP Tall Tales

Quote Originally Posted by brightwhitestockings View Post
    a pony jumper in my barn is waiting to hear if she got in, and several girls are doin the locals too! Couldn't tell you what to expect tho; i've never actually ridden at devon. But good luck!
    one of those girls riding in locals from our barn is me! It's my first time, too! I have also only been on the spectator side of things, so I also want to know what to expect! Bring on the advice people!

I'm waiting to hear back but I will hopefully be doing adult jumpers!!

im waiting to here back for the younger a/o's and i have entered one of mine in the derby and my trainer has entered one of my others! fingers crossed!

We'd love to go, but there is just no way dd's pony is fancy enough. Maybe someday though! Y'all have fun up there!

i wish my pony was fancy enough! if he still did ponyjumpers, we could go in for the PJ's, and he'd probably still win, too, but i'm more of a hunter girl (and really, he has turned out to be a cute hunter pony)

anywho, i'm taking my boyfriend with me to watch the junior jumper classic and the pony hunt teams, and hopefully if we get there early enough, we'll catch the PJ's going BF isnt a rider but ive taken him on trail rides and he thinks its fun and likes horses in general (this ones a keeper!)

i went last year to watch the pony teams and the jr jumper classic and i had tons of fun. took lots of great pics. i'm excited for this year!
    (|--Sarah--|)

Blitz <3 & Leap of Faith <3

Quote Originally Posted by Paint Hunter/Jumper View Post
    one of those girls riding in locals from our barn is me! It's my first time, too! I have also only been on the spectator side of things, so I also want to know what to expect! Bring on the advice people!
    My advice...relax and enjoy it! It's Devon, so enjoy the experience. Not that I'm one to talk, seeing as how I'm THE MOST nervous person in the world, but if you can manage to relax, you'll enjoy it a lot more! And make sure that someone takes a picture of your name up on the scoreboard
    Michigan State University College of Veterinary Medicine - Class of 2014

Chance Encounter
    RIP Tall Tales

Quote Originally Posted by JinxyPoo View Post
    I'm waiting to hear back but I will hopefully be doing adult jumpers!!
    Hey, me too!

where are you from? Who is your horse/ trainer? Did you go last year?

I went last year, and did well. This year my mother and trainer convinced me to send in an entry this year even though I initially didn't want to.
    flogarty
    "It is difficult not to be unjust to what one loves" Oscar Wilde

I am going to watch my 2 yr old filly by my stallion that will be showing in the Pony Hunter Breeding. My handler, Oliver Brown, will be showing his yearling colt by Adagio as well and they will both go in the get of sire class. Can't wait to see everybody and the horses/ponies!
    Quicksilver Farms, LLC
    "Welsh Hunter Ponies"
    Welsh Sec. B Stallions and
    Fancy Show Pony Prospects
    www.quicksilverponies.com

Quote Originally Posted by flogarty View Post
    Hey, me too!

where are you from? Who is your horse/ trainer? Did you go last year?

I went last year, and did well. This year my mother and trainer convinced me to send in an entry this year even though I initially didn't want to.
    I'm from south NJ my horse's name is Four's A Charm I didn't go last year, and it was a total last minute decision this year!

Devon is the most amazing place on the planet!!!! (but you've been there before, so you already know that!) i got to show there last year, and i would kill to go back. so, you can expect to have the time of your life, no doubt!!!

Default Devon hopefully

We are waiting to see if dd qualified for pony jumpers. It will be her first time ever! Keep you fingers crossed!

Quote Originally Posted by CenterStage123 View Post
    Who's going thusnyear? Or well who is waiting to hear if they qualified? What are you all showing in?

I'm going for the first time ever in the local hunters. I'm really excited. Also, what should I expect? I've been a spectator there for every year I can remember, but I've never been on the other side of things.
    I've got my 2 4yr.olds going for the Young Hunters Under Saddle...should be fun fun fun!!!

EZ to Spot and Adam Sklansky will be going from my barn for the pony jumpers! Also I have a question about locals, I live in Pennsy not too far from Devon but I ride in Ringoes, NJ.... are there rules about the horses locality for the locals class?

Going to watch my Equitation horse compete with the girl thats leasing him and going to watch the foal from the barn compete in hand.
    Also going to watch the girls from the barn that are doing the Eq.
    MIGHT still end up doing the USET there. Probably not worth going just for one class, especially in this economy.

I'm waiting to hear if I got in for the ammies and the workings. I loff Devon. With the economy in the tanker I'm not sure I'll try for indoors this year, but I loff Devon and hope I get in. Fingers crossed for everyone waiting.