The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Default UPDATE-still available: ADORABLE small pony in Mass.

The cutest small pony ever (seriously! look at her pics, and multiply cuteness factor by 10) is looking for a great home to spoil her rotten and let her live the good life.

Jumping: http://pets.webshots.com/photo/25683...04504633rGpVta
    Being a pony: http://pets.webshots.com/photo/29910...04504633kXDIvD

Trois is mature (18 or 19) and has been the darling star of our barn for years. She is a true been there done that kind of pony. Short stirrup through pony hunters, she has earned ribbons in Florida and all over New England, gone to Pony Finals, etc. This pony has the BEST personality on the ground. She's a total rock-very hard to get this one riled up!-and super easy to work around.

She is an amazing companion-loves to have a buddy-and we are looking for a home where she will be loved and cherished and allowed to earn her well-deserved place as the princess of someone's lawn.

She has recently healed off a hind suspensory injury but, upon her recovery, has attempted to take on a new identity as a rodeo pony, so we feel she would be best suited for a non-riding lifestyle. This is the ultimate pony pet/babysitter.

Contact me with any leads for a great situation for Trois (email preferable)! We need to find her a really GREAT home!
    Last edited by Kashi; May. 5, 2009 at 03:52 PM. Reason: fixing broken links

Default I'm drooling!

I'm looking to find a suitable leadline w/t pony for my kids (5 & 7), and I'm sure your girl wouldn't work for us... but oh, to have her as a lawn ornament!!! She's just gorgeous! Rodeo pony - huh. Sometimes they loose their mind with a long lay-up. How disapointing for the kids in your barn!

I wish you much luck finding her a suitable home. It's hard to part with those that have given their all to our children.

Joanne Pelosi
    http://www.pleasantmeadowfarm.com

SO CUTE!!
    Suerte Hostage Crisis Survivor!

Thanks guys! She really is even cuter in person. Her feet could fit in coffee mugs, I swear. If you walk too fast, she does a tiny little trot to keep up. She is just a blast to be around.

Regarding the "rodeo pony"... She is NOT a bad pony by any stretch, but she has been fresh as anything (at times) since she has been back on recovery, and if she bucks, it's big!! Perhaps I am being overly cautious, but being the age that she is, we don't want anyone taking her with expectations of being a riding pony, and then feeling disappointed...so, we'd like her to go somewhere that her primary role will be just plain being cute and loved to death. Trust me, she won't let you down in that department!!

Would she be suitable as a broodmare?
    Suerte Hostage Crisis Survivor!

PM sent.

Email sent!

Oh, the painful cuteness! My goodness, you weren't kidding.
    My ears hear a symphony of two mules, trains, and rain. The best is always yet to come, that's what they explained to me. —Bob Dylan

Fenway Bartholomule ♥ Arrietty G. Teaspoon Brays Of Our Lives

Thanks so much for the compliments guys, and the inquiries I have received so far!

Just to clarify, as I have received a few messages about this...
    Due to her age (and never having been bred), we don't think Trois is suitable as a broodmare.

We think she is ready to be a pasture puff keeping someone company! She does great with geldings. Also, do want to clarify that though she's been rather fresh under saddle, she is 100% kid-safe on the ground. You can throw a towel over her head, walk under her, whatever...she's a pro with kids.

Also, we are hoping to find a home in Mass, or at least the New England area so we can get a visit in from time to time. Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by Kashi View Post

Also, we are hoping to find a home in Mass, or at least the New England area so we can get a visit in from time to time. Thanks!
    Well that's a bummer... wish I still lived in CT. Guess VA is too far .

\"For all those men who say, \"Why buy the cow when you can get the milk for free,\" here\'s an update for you: Nowadays 80% of women are against marriage. Why? Because women realize it\'s not worth buying an entire pig just to get a little sausage.\"-

It might help to know her height and how resilient she is regarding horses.. i.e. can she hold her own as a companion to bigger horses, so she doesn't get herded around etc.

GrazerMEK Guest

sent a pm just wondering if shes still available? thx

Default STILL Available

Hi all

We thought we'd found a home for her within our barn, but it fell through.

Trois is still available, and looking for the perfect home. We are willing to consider any out of state options at this time a well, if it's the right situation.

Trois needs to go to a non-riding home. If you need the cutest pet, babysitter, or turnout out buddy ever, please let me know! Email is the best way to reach me.

I'm in Central PA and am pondering a "pet" project. Have had horses most of my life and just can't bring myself to get out of the darn creatures. I guess I'm hooked! I'd rather brush and love-up than saddle-up these days... How tall is she? Is she okay with the big boys?

Quote Originally Posted by coolmom View Post
    I'm in Central PA and am pondering a "pet" project. Have had horses most of my life and just can't bring myself to get out of the darn creatures. I guess I'm hooked! I'd rather brush and love-up than saddle-up these days... How tall is she? Is she okay with the big boys?
    Hi there,

Trois ("Twa") is probably around 12 hands (I don't know her exact measurement, but she measures as a small).

She is absolutely OK with "the big boys" her last turnout buddies were a pair of fresians, and then a nosey, goofy big Dutch horse.

have an 8 year old that would love a grooming buddy.... her sister rides, but she prefers to just pamper!

PLEASE PM me!

Hey Kashi... Still looking for a babysitter down here in VA... Foal due soon... would be nice to have a pint sized buddy for him/her when weaning times comes

\"For all those men who say, \"Why buy the cow when you can get the milk for free,\" here\'s an update for you: Nowadays 80% of women are against marriage. Why? Because women realize it\'s not worth buying an entire pig just to get a little sausage.\"-

Default TAKE THIS PONY!!!

Holy s%^&, you are giving away TROIS?????????????????????????????

My daughter rode her at Dana Hall for years!! Someone MUST GRAB HER IMMEDIATELY!!!!! She is a SUPERSTAR of Ponies! I would take her right now, tonight, if I could keep her in my back yard and feed her carrots every day.

If anyone needs a recommendation about this pony, please contact me!! I can't BELIEVE they are reduced to advertising for a home for her. I just choked on my dinner seeing this ad!

eta: SHE HAS THE CUTEST LITTLE PIGGY NOSE.
    I realize that I'm generalizing here, but as is often the case when I generalize, I don't care. ~ Dave Barry

Has this adorable pony found a home yet?
    In loving memory of Chutney (1977 - 2008)

My newest book, "Sandsablaze," available now!