The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Default Thoroughbreds in Central IL

As the horses have changed, I am editing the original post.
    The following horses are looking for good homes... Free to APPROVED homes (references will be required)

Woolie - 16 yr. old 16hh bay TB gelding. This horse is so sweet and such a nice nice nice horse. He is timid on the ground (looks and snorts but never does anything about it) and is very shy but he is such a good boy. He was ridden walk trot and canter yesterday after not being ridden in at least 7 years and he was an absolute doll. He never did anything bad. The girl even pretended to be a beginner, bouncing around on him and the whole bit and he just kept on trucking - he was worried about it but he just kept on trucking. He comes round and was doing the beginning of shoulder-in and leg yield. I then took him outside and walked him around past equipment sitting there, corn fields rustling, the irrigation system going in the corn field, horses out in the pasture playing, etc. He looked and he snorted but again, never did anything bad at all! He is an extremely pretty mover too. He is a cribber.

He needs that one person who will just love on him. If you win his heart he is going to be the best horse you ever had. He'll do anything for you! Such a good sweet boy!!! He retired from the track with oscellits (years ago), he was sore on them which is why we retired them but he was never lame on them.

Copper - 8 year old 16hh Chestnut TB gelding. Copper went to the trainer to be started for the track. He had about 3 weeks put on him and colicked. His intestines dropped down into his testical sack. He had colic surgery and then was gelded at the same time. He then went back to the trainer and was there for a few weeks when he colicked again. His intestines had dropped through a hole in his stomach lining. He came home and wasn't sent to the trainer again! He is extremely sweet, one of the first to come see you when you go out to the pasture, loves to hang out with you and just be your buddy. He just has that attitude where it's like "okay, no biggie, here we go". He'll make someone a really nice horse with some time and effort put into him.

Apple - 9 year old 16hh Chestnut TB mare. This mare is pretty pretty pretty!!! Apple went to the trainer to be started for the track. She was there between 30 and 60 days and the trainer called and said you don't want to run this mare she's way too slow! So she was brought home and has had absolutely nothing done with her since then. She is EXTREMELY GREEN but will make someone a pretty partner. She loves treats and loves to be scratched.

Robin - 13 yr. old 16hh liver chestnut mare. She is a very pretty correct mare. Robin retired from the track sound and then was started as an open jumper. She hasn't been ridden in years. She is very high strung - doesn't do anything wrong but is very high strung. She definitely needs some more work to get her jumping ready but this mare can JUMP THE MOON! She'll jump anything you aim her at! If anyone remembers the story of the vet in the suburbs of Chicago who stole the dressage horse (he ended up being found in Wellington, FL), this mare is pretty enough that she stole her too - she just managed to somehow escape!

We also have some pretty broodmare possibilities looking for new homes.

Those who were looking for new homes before and have since found new homes are Patrick - Congratulations to Julie of Wisconsin, TC - Congratulations to Beth from Michigan, Peanut - Congratulations to Kathy from Michigan and Maverik - Congratulations to Dee from Illinois.
    Last edited by asuits; Jul. 21, 2009 at 01:14 PM. Reason: change in horses

Bump

Default Home Pending on Patrick

Patrick has a home pending. Congratulations Julie!

The rest of the horses are still available.

u have an e-mail!!
    ride like you have never ate the dirt

Julie S Guest

I am absolutely beside myself; I Can't Wait!!! All the horses offered are in excellent shape and beautiful to boot! I wish I had a bigger barn...Thanks, Alyson!!!

We can't be more thrilled with the home Patrick is going to! I feel like we've known each other forever now!

Patrick is officially in his new fantastic home!!!

Thanks for providing such a fantastic home Julie!

All of the other horses are still available.

I have been riding TC and am pleasantly surprised with how well he is doing. He has quite a bit more training than I thought he did and I am planning on popping him over some small cross rails today.

Just bumping this back up since the status of some of the horses has changed

These horses are all NICE. Woolie will make someone an awesome friend! There is something special about him, plus he was a blast to ride. Copper is PRETTY and kind. The two mares are also quite nice looking-- very correct and well put together. You can't go wrong with one of Alyson's offerings!

We took home Peanut and TC and are satisfied customers! Alyson and her family are extremely honest about the horses and were a joy to work with. If you are looking for a nice project, look no further!