The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Default XC course at kellys ford VA- want to go?

I want to take (or I probably am going to take) my mare to kellys ford XC course this weekend. My barn is all prissy hunter people who never actually ride, thus no one ever wants to go with me anywhere because I am a 'rebel'. I just want to go school around, but its kind of lonely without anyone

is anyone in the fredericksburg Area and want to go? Sat or sunday

Have you ever been before? I like the idea of it and have jumped a few of the small fences, but the footing is usually really bad, especially after it rains. I wish there were more smaller fences too.
    Lindsay

Check out my blog at http://lindsayberreth.com

Quote Originally Posted by piaffeprincess98 View Post
    Have you ever been before? I like the idea of it and have jumped a few of the small fences, but the footing is usually really bad, especially after it rains. I wish there were more smaller fences too.
    Yes I was there the other weekend. it was a little rainy. But the footing should be great this weekend. Should be in the 60s too.

Hi, where is the place at? There are a bunch of us going schooling at FPP on Sunday. But we are looking for more places to go. Depending on where it is maybe we could hook at on another weekend and go with you xc schooling too!

its in remmington VA which is kind of between culpepper and warrenton

oooooooo - I'm jealous. I just went to FPP last weekend - it was FABULOUS! Have fun! Ya'll have great weather & footing down there!!!
    Riding: The art of keeping a horse between you and the ground. ~Author Unknown

Why don't you try Win Green too. It's not too far from Kelly's Ford and a very friendly place.
    RIP Kelly 1977-2007 "Wither thou goest, so shall I"

"To tilt when you should withdraw is Knightly too."

yeah wingreen is nice, I could do that perhaps.

starkissed - I'm a hunter princess and ain't nutz like you krazy eventers. But Kelly's Ford is a very nice facility. You might want to check the forecast for this area, though. Last I heard, we are expecting rain Saturday and Sunday. I hope the weathermen are wrong (like they are about 99% of the time). If you do get to go, have fun!!!!!!!!

If I wasn't planning on vegging the whole weekend (trust me...it's very much needed), I'd come out to watch and take pictures.

ETA: Here's the forecast for Remington for the weekend - http://weather.yahoo.com/Remington-V.../forecast.html.
    Honey badger don't give a sh!t.

Quote Originally Posted by justdandy View Post
    starkissed - I'm a hunter princess and ain't nutz like you krazy eventers.

hehe no worries, I should have mentioned that I show my horse hunter and I love love love show hunters, but never stepping out of the ring? Definitely not for me! I am by no means a crazy eventer- I am pretty much petrified of anything above training! lol

I really want to encourage some of the boarders at my barn to get out and do something other than the bi-weekly lessons. My horse is on this beautiful farm with tons and tons of gorgeous wooded trails and I am the only one who ever uses them. And the horses there are amazing, they would love to go do something else other than 6 stride lines!

But if you ever want to another time, let me know. And I sure hope it doesn't rain. But it probably will now that I am all motivated!

Quote Originally Posted by starkissed View Post
    hehe no worries, I should have mentioned that I show my horse hunter and I love love love show hunters, but never stepping out of the ring? Definitely not for me! I am by no means a crazy eventer- I am pretty much petrified of anything above training! lol

I really want to encourage some of the boarders at my barn to get out and do something other than the bi-weekly lessons. My horse is on this beautiful farm with tons and tons of gorgeous wooded trails and I am the only one who ever uses them. And the horses there are amazing, they would love to go do something else other than 6 stride lines!

But if you ever want to another time, let me know. And I sure hope it doesn't rain. But it probably will now that I am all motivated!
    I used to event back in the day (in Pony Club), but as an adult not so much. I prefer ring work now!
    Honey badger don't give a sh!t.

I took my mare there today, happened to meet 3 people already there. its a GREAT place to school! I highly recommend it! However there aren't a whole lot fo 'easy' logs to get you started. So much fun!