The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedMarketplaceDates & Results

Talking Nice, Quiet Gelding near Aiken, SC!!!

Unfortunately, our gelding that we have raised from a yearling isn't turning out to be the mount for my husband. We only have interests in trail riding and this horse isn't yet confident enough for my husband to take out on trails.

Jiggs is a bright 5 yo gelding. He is black with a star on his for head and 3 white feet. He is rear end high right now....he is growing again. He is narrow in his chest, but is completely sound. He has good solid thick legs. He has a large head with soft, expressive eyes. His ears are just adorable on top of his head. He is in the 15hh range. We don't have a stick so we don't know his true height. He is barefoot and has solid feet, rarely if ever chips or cracks.

We started him lightly in his late 2 yo year. He trained out very well and was very gentle and very quiet and willing. He has remained so. We have spent a lot of time and energy in this boy. He was sent to a trainer for 2 months in his 3 yo year. He was quiet and willing then as well.

We had a rough year last year. Both my husband and I had major surgery. Jiggs did not get the work he needed to continue his training. In the fall, we brought him back into work. He does very well in steady, consistent work. We even had a good friend ride him. With very regular work, maybe 4-5 times a week, he is very steady and consistent, even on trails. My husband has had a few nasty falls off of this guy due to spooking.

My husband has lost all confidence in this horse. The horse is just young and green. I don't know if and when this boy will get enough experience for my husband. It sickens us to have to do this, but we need to find him a home where he will be used and loved. This horse has a heart the size of his head.

This boy is extremely good, easy and quiet. He loves attention. He does need a quiet confident rider. He has beautiful movement and should do well in any discipline. He is an easy keeper and should finish growing next year. He will fill out to be one very handsome devil. Think old style morgan!

Please ask any question you want to know. I will be happy to answer either via pm, email, or here. I will post pictures of him tomorrow.

Please give this boy a chance. He is a long term free lease with the knowing he comes back here if needed. References will be asked and checked. Papers will be signed stating he will come back here if needed. He can also go to another home if we both agree it is right for him. We are open to location. Thank you very much. Sorry this is so long.
    Last edited by mustangtrailrider; Mar. 24, 2009 at 04:32 PM. Reason: Clarification!

Some pictures are included! He is a handsome boy!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Our Gang 020.jpg 
Views:	117 
Size:	46.6 KB 
ID:	24465   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Our Gang 017.jpg 
Views:	101 
Size:	17.7 KB 
ID:	24466